Vanderbilt University Medical Center Interview Questions in Nashville, TN | Glassdoor

Vanderbilt University Medical Center Interview Questions in Nashville, TN

Updated Aug 11, 2017

2.5

74 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Learning Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was quite long and excessive for the most part. It started with a phone screen and after about five (5) weeks of waiting, I get a call out of the blue to do a phone interview. About a week elapsed after that and then a little more than an hour later was invited in for a face-to-face interview round robin.

The interview in person lasted close to four (4) hours. The feedback they provided was very positive (well, so it was thought). It included meeting with everyone in the department and everyone seemed positive with the answers provided and the truths provided. It also included a presentation which was completed in the allotted time with all required specifications.

Then after that, crickets for about three (3) weeks. Shortly after that, at about 7pm mind you, I was rejected. NO FEEDBACK WAS PROVIDED WHY AND NONE WILL EVER BE GIVEN BECAUSE THEY USED CANNED EMAILS JUST TO GET YOU OUT OF THEIR WAY!!!

I wish they were more upfront and honest about the interview process and provided constructive feedback when it was asked. It was unprofessional to lead me to believe that I had a great interview only to find out that the materials provided likely were just thrown away.

Also, because I DO NOT HAVE CAPTIVATE, it was a likely another reason to reject. You can't download a trial every time you interview just for the sake of it when funds are tight otherwise.

Interview Questions

• Please create a 15-minute presentation on how to balance a checkbook. They prefer   Answer Question

Patient Access Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN) in June 2017.

Interview

First there is a phone interview, which was very positive. You feel like you're talking to a friend you have known for a long time. Next they send you an online assessment to be sure you are suited to the job. After you pass, you are offered an in-person interview. I did a background check also. I received an offer the same day I interviewed, which really made me feel invaluable. I am looking forward to working for a world renowned medical corporation.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience do you have for this type of work, which is customer and patient related?   1 Answer

Observation Unit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Questions on various scenarios with patients and coworkers. Example: How would you handle a situation with a difficult patient?

Asked a lot of scenario questions about emergency situations. And he sure to ask questions about how to advance within the organization. Vanderbilt is huge about their Magnet Status, as well.

Interview Questions

• If you have a disagreement with a coworker, how would you try to resolve the issue?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN) in April 2017.

Interview

There was an initial online application followed by a supplemental application with a due date. I was kept informed throughout the entire process. Interview was a panel with five people based mostly on behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and why you'd like to work here.   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Begins with HR process online, then a phone screening from HR and finally a phone interview. From there I was brought in for a panel interview the next week. Usually takes one-two weeks total.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online on Vanderbilt Medical Centre Career site. The process took 3+ months. I was contacted by the recruiter and a interview with the hiring manager was set up. The recruiter and manager I spoke to were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Difference between Business Intelligence and Business Analysis? What do you like the most?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online for Nurse Residency Program. I chose a track but was not selected for the one I chose but given another option. Dates for interview times were sent and I replied back with when I would chose to come in. The interview was a panel of 3 people some on the units I was interviewing for and some were not. Questions were all situational based. Want specific clinical examples related to things like patient satisfaction, teamwork, and decision making.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation about a patient where you had to make a difficult decision or change   Answer Question

Care Partner Interview

Application

Interview

I interviewed with 2 Charge Nurses and 1 RN in a laid back atmosphere. One of the charge nurses ended up being my manager once I was hired. It was helpful that she had been in on the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work here?   1 Answer

Payer Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied on line. Contacted by HR and had an additional phone interview with Director. They were more than flexible with my schedule for interviewing. The interview lasted about 45 minutes to an hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? How would you handle a disagreement with a payer?   Answer Question
    • Who currently handles the payer negotiations for your company?   Answer Question

Medical Records Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

My interview took place at the Grassmere location. There were three coordinators that conducted the interview. The interview was conversational and took about an hour. They were very friendly and keep the conversation going.

Interview Questions

• Are you planning on staying here for the full year long contract term?   1 Answer