Vanderbilt University Medical Center Nurse Resident Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vanderbilt University Medical Center Nurse Resident Interview Questions

Interviews at Vanderbilt University Medical Center

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN).

Interview

After filling out my application, an interview was scheduled with me within 2-3 weeks. The whole application/interview process was very well organized. Communication was quick and concise. You will be interviewed by managers, nurses, etc. from the area you are interviewing for. I think this is good, but if you don't get an offer from that specific track, then you are out of luck. My best advice if you really want to work at Vandy is to pick a track like acute care/med-surg where there will likely be more positions open. I also wish that the people interviewing me could have been the ones to follow up, and at least provided some feedback. I thought the interview went very well, so I would have liked to have known their reasoning if possible.

Interview Questions

• "Tell us about a time when you noticed a patient needed immediate nursing intervention. What did you do, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Vanderbilt University Medical Center

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN) in April 2013.

Interview

Twice yearly process where RNs out of school or with less than 6 months experience are chosen to interview/hire. Submit your application, if you meet the cut off score you interview, then best candidates chosen based on overall score of application/interview questions. You and 3-4 people across from you, interviewing you, using ruberics to score each question. They might be nurse managers, asst mgrs (CSL), educators, administrators. They ask clinical questions and what you would do in that situation.

Interview Questions

• I'm sorry, I don't remember. Something about, "Tell about a time you successfully educated a patient on an issue."   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

Interview

Panel Interview. Interviewers remained professional yet made me still feel comfortable. Residency program sent PowerPoint explaining the interview beforehand and the interview stayed true to outline on PowerPoint. Be able to present clinical experiences.