Vanderbilt University Medical Center Interview Questions in Tennessee | Glassdoor

Vanderbilt University Medical Center Interview Questions in Tennessee

Updated May 12, 2017

2.5

Observation Unit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Questions on various scenarios with patients and coworkers. Example: How would you handle a situation with a difficult patient?

Asked a lot of scenario questions about emergency situations. And he sure to ask questions about how to advance within the organization. Vanderbilt is huge about their Magnet Status, as well.

Interview Questions

• If you have a disagreement with a coworker, how would you try to resolve the issue?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN) in April 2017.

Interview

There was an initial online application followed by a supplemental application with a due date. I was kept informed throughout the entire process. Interview was a panel with five people based mostly on behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and why you'd like to work here.   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Begins with HR process online, then a phone screening from HR and finally a phone interview. From there I was brought in for a panel interview the next week. Usually takes one-two weeks total.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online on Vanderbilt Medical Centre Career site. The process took 3+ months. I was contacted by the recruiter and a interview with the hiring manager was set up. The recruiter and manager I spoke to were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Difference between Business Intelligence and Business Analysis? What do you like the most?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online for Nurse Residency Program. I chose a track but was not selected for the one I chose but given another option. Dates for interview times were sent and I replied back with when I would chose to come in. The interview was a panel of 3 people some on the units I was interviewing for and some were not. Questions were all situational based. Want specific clinical examples related to things like patient satisfaction, teamwork, and decision making.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation about a patient where you had to make a difficult decision or change   Answer Question

Care Partner Interview

Application

Interview

I interviewed with 2 Charge Nurses and 1 RN in a laid back atmosphere. One of the charge nurses ended up being my manager once I was hired. It was helpful that she had been in on the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work here?   1 Answer

Payer Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied on line. Contacted by HR and had an additional phone interview with Director. They were more than flexible with my schedule for interviewing. The interview lasted about 45 minutes to an hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? How would you handle a disagreement with a payer?   Answer Question
    • Who currently handles the payer negotiations for your company?   Answer Question

IT Process Owner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

Online application initiated the process. Conducted 3+ phone interviews with the IT director and members of his staff group. Culminated with them flying me to Nashville for 5-6 hours of face-to-face interviews with most members of the IT staff. Most questions were situational from either past experience or what-if type questions. After returning home, they contacted me with an offer previously negotiated and are following up with a formal offer sheet and benefits package list.

Interview Questions

• How did you manage a previous incident or problem that your own IT support staff caused? Also asked many pop quiz type questions concerning the specific area the job was for.   Answer Question

Insurance Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview for a job where you have to verify patients insurance. They ask me several questions. What was my strength. What wad my weakness. Did i have experience with verifying. Insurance

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for another job   1 Answer

Laboratory Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

Asked a few basic questions concerning technical and behavioral skillsets. Did not ask any trick questions, they just wanted to know how capable and committed I could be to learn and handle the laboratory techniques

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to do PCR?   1 Answer