Vanderbilt University Interview Questions in Nashville, TN | Glassdoor

2.6

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University (Nashville, TN).

Interview

It was a horrible hiring process. I was very annoyed and frustrated throughout; the online formal application is virtually meaningless (do not apply only through the online Vanderbilt HR site; reach out to the lab you want to join directly) and there is little room for negotiations. I was only given three days to make a decision and felt incredibly uncomfortable and pressured.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University (Nashville, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

Suggestion: An interview works both ways. The hiring manager took pleasure in trying to make the interview difficult. It was very obvious. I knew within a minute I was not interested in working with her.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this job? What is your favorite movie?   1 Answer

Applications Developer Interview

Application

Interview

At Vanderbilt they always start with a phone screen with a recruiter. This recruiter usually has no experience in Software Engineering. Based on a simple question "Rate your experience in language X on a scale of 0 till 10" they will determine whether they will go on with the process.

I never heard back of her despite having years of experience.

Interview Questions

• Rate your experience with "X" on a scale of 0 till 10
      Have you ever used or heard of HTML?   Answer Question

Director of Strategic Projects Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University (Nashville, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very personal--in a good way--offering job candidates to meet one on one with all team members, including subordinate and reporting roles. However, the process was unnecessarily long, involving a phone interview (30 minutes), an in person interview with the primary team members and boss (1 hour), another in person interview with broader team members (2.5 hours), and a final interview with the team members and the senior leadership of the university (3 hours).

Interview Questions

• Q: What are the biggest challenges facing higher education today?   Answer Question
    • Q: What is the hardest thing you've ever had to ask someone for?   Answer Question

Senior Service Desk Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Interviewed by phone and then days later I was interviewed in person. I was asked a series of questions related to not Windows and Mac platforms. I was then told the job was on hold for 2-3 weeks but only after the I terview was over. This is a terrible way to recruit talent.

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University (Nashville, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

Request on campus interview online. They accept most requests. Interviewers vary, but all are pretty amicable. Not like other MBA interviews I've had. Also meet with head of admissions. Have questions.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University (Nashville, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

Internal hiring - interviewed with HR as a phone screen then with panel internally. Most interviews conducted to external candidates include an HR phone screen, then half day of interviews internally

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would handle a situation if a parent got involved in the graduate student's life as a student.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University (Nashville, TN) in February 2016.

Interview

Questions fired from 5 people. It was a technical interview asked on the phone then they call for onsite interview . I was interview two times.I gave them answers orally, they are not that difficult but I was not selected

Interview Questions

• 1. Difference between List and Set
      2.Mention different java design patterns
      3.What is dependency injection
      4. Webservices and their uses   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University (Nashville, TN) in January 2016.

Interview

Sat at a panel. Pretty informal. Just trying to gauge your background and letting you know more about the position at depth. Pretty good about giving their perspective on the role.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University (Nashville, TN) in December 2015.

Interview

I submitted my online application in November. And received an interview offer in December. The interview was a two-day onsite event. We had lunch with potential recruiting companies and had dinner with current students.