Vanderbilt University Interview Questions in Nashville, TN | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 28, 2017

2.9

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University (Nashville, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

Suggestion: An interview works both ways. The hiring manager took pleasure in trying to make the interview difficult. It was very obvious. I knew within a minute I was not interested in working with her.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this job? What is your favorite movie?   1 Answer

Senior Service Desk Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Interviewed by phone and then days later I was interviewed in person. I was asked a series of questions related to not Windows and Mac platforms. I was then told the job was on hold for 2-3 weeks but only after the I terview was over. This is a terrible way to recruit talent.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University (Nashville, TN) in February 2016.

Interview

Questions fired from 5 people. It was a technical interview asked on the phone then they call for onsite interview . I was interview two times.I gave them answers orally, they are not that difficult but I was not selected

Interview Questions

• 1. Difference between List and Set
      2.Mention different java design patterns
      3.What is dependency injection
      4. Webservices and their uses
      1 Answer

Research Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University (Nashville, TN) in September 2015.

Interview

Two interviews, one with the lead PI, second with coworkers (one week later). I was contacted via email to schedule it over the phone, since I am not an in-state resident of TN, which was extremely convenient. Smooth scheduling process.

Interview Questions

• describe a conflict with previous coworkers and how it was addressed   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University (Nashville, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

3 persons at initial interview, follow up was initially to be made by the next week. After what was initial enthusiasm on the part of the interview team, the promised follow up did not materialize. No explanation was provided for the sudden change of heart. It appeared that there nay have been an issue with one or more items related to a background check.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working with ancillary non-physician staff?   Answer Question

Assistant Director of Stewardship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University (Nashville, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

I was an internal candidate, but still had to go through the same basic phone screenings as outside candidates. You interview once with just one person, or this may also be a phone interview. You then spend almost three hours interviewing with various groups of people. You get asked a lot of the same questions each time.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if you do are not offered this position?   1 Answer

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University (Nashville, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 2 phone screenings and 1 face to face interview. All questions were fair and consisted of mostly behavior questions, The face to face interview was a panel interview

Interview Questions

• What would you consider the greatest challenge of a new position?   Answer Question

Resident Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University (Nashville, TN) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview was pretty relaxed - you are made to sit before a group of three interviewers, two students and one school official. The questions were pretty standard - of the sort, "what would you do if x happened to a student... tell me of a time when... " and so on.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you resolved a conflict. What qualities qualify you as a good candiate?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University (Nashville, TN) in April 2012.

Interview

the interview process was very lengthy. First comes a general interview by a Talent Requisition Agent and then they forward their review to the hiring manager. Second, another phone interview, then third, an in person interview. The hiring manager took me to lunch and then I met with a team of people as well as the Executive Director. The questions asked were very general in nature and everyone was very helpful and informative. They welcome questions so be prepared to ask. Also bring an extra resume. Even though I was informed that the hiring manager had distributed my resume, some people still did not have it readily accessible. The job did not completely match the online description, but everyone was very clear on what they expect. Overall, it was a good interview experience

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University (Nashville, TN) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. Interviewer was very pleasant, but questions were unusually broad (ie. "describe yourself in 3 words"), which caught me by surprise because I had expected the interview to focus on substantive qualifications for the position. Also, the interviewer went through my resume and asked me for my "favorite and least favorite part of each job," rather than focusing on skills which were utilized or developed in each position. Interviewer asked for a hard number for a salary expectation rather than just asking about previous salary history, so have your number in mind before you go into the phone interview.