Vanderbilt University Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vanderbilt University Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vanderbilt, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University (Vanderbilt, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Had a phone interview after one week. Then go for on site interview three weeks later. A full day interview with people there. Got email one week after interview date to inform they would not offer me.

Interview Questions

• Lots of standard interview questions: why this job, career goal,   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Vanderbilt University

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University (Nashville, TN) in May 2013.

Interview

It was quick and straight to the point. They wanted to know you contribution to the field and your anticipated to the current void. It was not difficult and I learned alot from the process.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University (Nashville, TN) in February 2011.

Interview

Arrived from Spain. The professor didn't pay for the airfare to the US; instead, just paid from NYC to Nashville. She also did not pay relocation costs. On the day of the interview, I gave a seminar to the department. Then, met with several professors to talk about my project. In the evening, my soon-to-be boss took me out drinking....she ended up drunk and I had to carry her home.

Interview Questions

• To explain the specifics of my research project more as to how it relates to differentiation and proliferation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The university uses a standard NIH payscale for postdocs which begins with a base salary and then increases with each year of prior postdoc experience.