Vanguard Brokerage Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vanguard Brokerage Associate Interview Questions

Brokerage Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

STAR based questions after initial computer based testing, and phone interview. There were two people, one supervisor and one manager. They asked questions and took notes, and it was very dry and clinical, not warm at all.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were helping a client, and didn't have the answer - how would you handle that?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Vanguard

Brokerage Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

Initially a telephone interview. Next, you were called in to meet with a manger and supervisor. If everything went well you got the job. The onboarding was interesting. You were inundated with the Vanguard mantra through team building exercises. You were pretty much free to leave early if you finished the book assignments they gave you.

Interview Questions

• Questions were in the star format. Not too complicated.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate anything. Either you work for us or not. We do not care. We have over 2000 applicants a day.

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ) in May 2014.

Interview

The focus is on customer service and problem solving. It is critical that you can show experience or aptitude in both. When hiring internal, the focus is more about what have you done at Vanguard. When interviewing from external, utilized all the experience you can, because it will likely be discounted when you are actually in the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a client or co-worker. What was your motivation?   Answer Question

Brokerage Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard in January 2013.

Interview

STAR (situation, task, action, result) format. Easy enough. Phone interview prior to this, structured more as a conversation. Met with two separate "teams" of individuals. Campus is nice. The more concrete you can be in answering the questions, the better off you'll be

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

STAR interview method and role play involved. If you're applying from outside of VG you'll likely need to go through a phone interview and a day of orientation/interviewing. If you have a background in finance or customer service you stand a good chance. VG has a good atmosphere that you should be able to easily gauge, feed off of, and imitate.

Interview Questions

• When faced with a difficult situation where a customer was elevated, what did you do to resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ) in September 2011.

Interview

Tell me a time. Rehearse behavior questions using star format

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you went above and beyond to create a delightful client experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC) in April 2011.

Interview

Applied, phone interview with recruiter, 2 1-on-1s with managers for about 30min..offer 3 days later

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2011.

Interview

Very easy going and relaxed interview. I got lucky, one of the people that i interviewed with was from where I am from so we had an instant connection.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had to explain something to someone and they didn't understand?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time or have you ever handled the responsibilities of your job and done another co-workers at the same time?   Answer Question

Negotiation

38-40

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2010.

Interview

Very easy process had an interview based on behavioral question during a college recruitment the a formal phone interview followed by a group interview an the 2 interviews at the office. All behavioral based. The salary is negotiable up to 40,000. That's if they really want you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just have to ask for 40.

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2010.

Interview

Took a 3 weeks to get hired due to final exams, the company was very flexible and understanding that school came first. First I went to the career, then two phone interviews. Flew me down to Phoenix and got 3 interviews from different team leaders.

Interview Questions

• Hardest question, what are your weaknesses. You have to be careful, DO NOT SAY " I WORK VERY HARD " or somewhere along those lines. Be honest but also be careful what you say, also add in what you are doing to improve your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no room for negotiations just when you are able to start work.