Vanguard Interview Questions in Charlotte, NC | Glassdoor

Vanguard Interview Questions in Charlotte, NC

Updated Feb 24, 2017

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was intimidating at first because it is a two-part interview. The first part consists of explaining your answers to a case study that you will have received several minutes prior. The second part is a traditional interview with behavioral questions (i.e. tell me about a time when you...). There is also a role-playing scenario involved where you pretend you are talking on the phone to the interviewer giving investment advice. Prepare well in advance by thinking of answers to typical questions (use the STAR method) and be on your toes and you will do fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

A dear friend of mine referred me to Vanguard so I submitted my resume online and received a phone call within a week to set up the initial phone interview. The phone interview consisted of several behavioral type questions which were not difficult. Since the interview took place a few days before January 1st, the recruiter asked me to give the hiring managers 7-10 days to make a decision. That time passed and I heard nothing so I emailed the recruiter to follow up and was again told to give them some time to make a decision (due to the holiday). After three weeks it was clear that I was not considered a candidate. That's ok, however, I would at the very least expect expect some professional courtesy in the way of a phone call to tell me that. After reading the reviews here on Glassdoor, I actually feel like I dodged a bullet. It doesn't speak very highly for the company if they have recruiters in their employ that cannot do the right thing and be honest and professional with people.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance where you have had to overcome an obstacle and what did you learn from the experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

I first had the phone interview. Now asked back for an in person interview. The questions were all behavioral type questions and mostly straight forward. Have a couple good stories that can show teamwork or leadership skills. This company deeply cares about their customers, so also keep that in mind. They would like you to respond using the STAR method. Make sure that you show a passion for the finance industry.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

I started the application process online in September. I received an email to conduct a phone interview. I had two phone interviews which lead to an on site interview. The on site interview included a building tour, Q&A session, a case study, role play and behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you completed work and was informed it was incorrect or not completely with satisfaction.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Applied via the online portal, received a touch-base call within three business days. Interviewed by phone officially about 2 weeks later. The recruiter was very kind! Was offered an in-person interview. Went in for that interview and was offered the job shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions

• We are not allowed to give out specific interview questions, but there was a role play section and a basic behavioral interview thereafter. Honestly, I thought that both sections were fairly easy as long as you don't get nervous.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

I initially received a phone call to discuss behavioral interview type questions. After describing myself and background to the HR person, I was asked to do a more formal phone interview involving behavioral questions. Then, they invited me to fly out for somewhat of a super day for a case study interview and behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you have displayed leadership?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe a time when you showed your boss or supervisor your credibility as a team player?   Answer Question
    • Can you help advise me on what a mutual fund or bond market fund?   Answer Question

Processing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

The interview process was 2 parts with several individuals. Questions were straight forward but at the end you are given a case study in which you must read, analyze and answer scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• What will my skills and assets provide to their company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted for a phone interview. During the phone interview you should expect the following questions:

What is a stock?
    What is a bond?
    What is a MF?
    What is an ETF?
    Behavioral questions - name a time when...

During the phone interview I was invited to conduct an in-person interview. During this interview you should expect:
    A tour and company briefing
    Case study - dealing with a situation with a client
    Behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• What is a stock?
      What is a bond?
      What is a MF?
      What is an ETF?
      Behavioral questions - name a time when..
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

The initial phone interview was very short. I was maybe on the phone for 15 minutes. They asked pretty run of the mill interview questions that anyone can easily prepare for beforehand. The interviewer gave a quick summary of the position and then allowed you to ask any questions you'd like to at the end. If they want to bring you in for an in-person interview they will email you back in 5-7 days.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

There was a brief phone interview followed by a longer in person interview. During the phone interview, I was only asked about the reason for the switch and about why I was interested in vanguard. Otherwise it's a lot of info from the recruiter. The in person interview was made up of behavioral questions and a case study.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you were asked to manage competing deadlines?   Answer Question