Vanguard Client Relations Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vanguard Client Relations Associate Interview Questions

Client Relations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard in January 2016.

Interview

Very simple interview with just 2 or 3 behavioral questions. It seemed like it was more of a meet and greet to see if I'm a normal person or someone who can't talk to people. It took about 30 minutes and I got the offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Vanguard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through their website and was contacted by a recruiter about a week later. Pretty standard phone interview that's expected to last at least 30 minutes. Be sure to know basic financial terminology such as Mutual and Index Funds, Stocks, Bonds and ETF's. I thought I did pretty well during the interview and the recruiter told me he felt comfortable passing me on to the next stage of the interview process which include them flying me out to Scottsdale. He told me it would be 1-5 days before I heard anything, but I still haven't received a call and it's been about a week. I even sent him a courtesy email thanking him for the phone interview and he didn't even reply back, so there's my confirmation that I won't be moving forward. Also if someone is selected for this position you MUST obtain your licensing by FINRA to permanently stay on with Vanguard. The first 30 days will be training and studying then you'll have two attempts to pass the exam. If you don't pass, you don't have a job so anyone moving from out of state, you should be fully
    aware of this.

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed at career fair then had a phone interview. Was called in for an in person interview consisting of behavioral and role play questions. Be personable and act like a human and you'll be fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

Had one phone interview that lasted about an hour. Questions were fairly simple and I was requested to fly out for an in person interview afterwards. The process was very laid back, fast, and simple to go through. Two interviews, one behavioral and the other a case study. Again, both were fairly simple though I would recommend studying a bit on asset allocation and optimal portfolios.

Interview Questions

• Case study: Asked what type of asset allocation would be appropriate for a person's portfolio if they are planning to build a house soon but have no other major expenses in the foreseeable future.   Answer Question

Salary was a bit lower than hoped for compared to national averages.

Client Relations Associate Interview

Interview

Be ready for two real interviews once you get to Scottsdale. One is behavioral questions and the other is a scenario role play. The behavioral is relatively easy to study for but the scenario is different cause you can't study for it. Review the role play well, be very helpful and personable, and be confident. When in the intro and concluding meetings as a group be sure to make your presence known by asking a lot of intelligent questions while not sounding too annoying.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with an unhappy client or customer in the past?   1 Answer

Client Relations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

Phone interview, then in office interview with two managers. STAR questions- situation, task, action, result- the whole time- behavior based questions. Come prepared, bring your resume, wear conservative clothing. I did a case study- basically the answer is the client is always right but do what you need to do to follow the rules.

Interview Questions

• Tell us everything you know about Vanguard. Do you follow the market?   Answer Question

Client Relations Associate Interview

Interview

Contacted through school career office. Scheduled a phone interview with HR for the next week. The interview was pretty straightforward behavioral questions, make sure to know all about mutual funds, etfs, series 7 exam, etc.

Interview Questions

• What's a current economic issue you've been following?   1 Answer

Client Relations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

Very easy interview process. The process was only one round, and they asked generic questions about the firm, why do you want to work at Vanguard, and what type of financial knowledge do you have. I met with two different people, separately, and they both asked questions along the same line. I has several behavioral questions, focusing on dedication to the job and customer service.

Interview Questions

• A behavioral based question: What would you do if it's 5:00PM on a Friday, you're getting ready to leave for the a weekend trip with your friends, and a client calls requesting help with a very complicated issue that will surely cause you to miss your ride with your friends. How would you handle their issue?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Vanguard does not negotiate salaries for this position. I accepted the offer and wish I hadn't. It's essentially a call-center, where you'll field 60 - 100 calls per day.

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ) in February 2014.

Interview

Very easy first interview with HR, just need to know the difference between stocks, bonds, ETFs, and mutual funds. Know why Vanguard is and does and have some questions ready. They offered to fly me out in that interview. The second round was easy with simple STAR behavioral questions. Then they do a role play to test your client skills. It was about a client who was upset and his daughter was going into labor. Just acknowledge what is going on the clients life and ask open ended questions to keep the client talking.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or leave it cause they can just give it to someone else.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

For the Phone interview there were mostly behavior questions and Emphasis on having a 3.0 or better Gpa.

Interview Questions

• I actually told them I didn't have the 3.0 so interview ended right there.   Answer Question