Vanguard Client Relationship Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vanguard Client Relationship Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2017

262 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Client Relationship Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

Was encouraged to apply by recruiters at my school. I received a request for an interview the next day. After scheduling the interview, I was never contacted again.

Other Interview Reviews for Vanguard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview then a three part interview a few weeks later, quick, but too many people interviewing at the same time. Study case included in the in person interview and then behavioral based questions to follow.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a team work assignment that you completed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

It was fairly relaxed, very much like a normal interview. The questions were STAR-based, and there is a little of roleplay. But you don't have to know anything about finances or have a business background to do it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were in conflict with someone. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA).

Interview

Basic phone interview first. In person 2nd interview with a case study. Questions regarding what you know about the company and general financial markets. Questions regarding career goals and what you're looking for. Trying to see if you'd fit with the culture

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

30 minute orientation, followed by 30 minute case study and finally 20-30 minute normal interview. They ask you basic STAR questions and the case study you need to be familar with basic investing terms.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vanguard (Boulder, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward with an introduction, followed by some behavioral questions, experience questions, and then information about the company and job position. Overall, it was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you lost a client and what did you learn fro the process?   Answer Question
    • What would your aspirations be if working at Vanguard?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA).

Interview

Started off with a phone interview. Went to their offices for an in person interview about 2 weeks later. Was given a case study and role played a phone call with a customer. Then interviewed with someone else for a traditional interview.

Interview Questions

• What is a mutual fund? Stock? Bond? Exchange traded fund? Behavioral questions using STAR method. Participated in role play of phone call with customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vanguard (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

met at career fair. 45 minute talk. have you go through your resume and past work experience. the classic star questions and some concept questions about what you know about vanguard and some services/investment vehicles they offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Received a screening interview 3 days after applying online. Then after the screening interview went to the "Super day" at their location in Malvern. The screening interview lasted 30 minutes, while the Super day had an overview portion provided by a case study and two interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a stressful situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

I was reached by a recruiter through LinkedIn and had a phone interview followed by in an person interview in Scottsdale Arizona. The whole process was very fast and professional. They really prep you on everything you will be interviewed on and if you do your homework it's pretty easy. The first part of the interview is 15 minute case study where you have to identify key issues in a situation with a client who had called in ( probably the most stressful part of the interview but simply do your best). The second part is a role play of another case study and then the last part is actual interview where you are asked a few behavioral questions. Tell about a time kind of stuff....Prepare at least 5 behavioral questions and you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with someone difficult?   1 Answer