Vanguard Client Relationship Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vanguard Client Relationship Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Nov 14, 2017

273 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2017.

Interview

I spoke with Vanguard rep at my university career fair. They spoke about the different positions and I applied. Initially, nothing happened. It wasn't until a year later that HR found my resume in their database, saw my resume fit some of the position qualifications, and we set up a phone interview. Following the phone interview, I flew out to Vanguard office for an onsight interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent project where you had to learn something new and how did it impact your experience?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Vanguard

Client Relationship Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

Vanguard flew me out to malvern for an interview. Treated me incredibly well and paid for everything. Very nice people, really enjoyed the culture. Seems like they really care about their employees and encourage professional development.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to leverage available resources to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Client Relationship Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

Call interview with the recruiter first
    In person interview easy, basic STAR questions and goals questions. Play by play scenario on how to assist a client. Be polite and attentive to detail is key. Knowing basic investment terminology is needed to assess the given scenario and advise the client.

Interview Questions

• What do I know about the company?
      Name a situation when you had to deal with a difficult client and how did you resolve it
      Name a time when you were faced with unpleasant situation at your workplace and how did you go about handling it ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Interview

Initially there is a phone interview, from there they will bring you onto the campus for a tour and formal interview. Be prepared to answer a few behavioral questions and a few finance-related questions. Most the interviewers are kind and will make the interview more conversational.

Interview Questions

• What is an ETF? What is a mutual fund?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

I met with recruiter at the university career fair. Eventually, interviewed through an initial phone screen and superday afterwards. It was fairly easy and consisted of a case study/behavioral section. There was a strong emphasis on company culture/values from the interviewer.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

The recruiter called me to schedule a phone interview. She sent me an email that same day with details on how to prepare. This included links to company web pages, YouTube videos, and the company’s Muse profile. She asked me what basic financial terms meant (i.e. ETFs, mutual funds, bonds, etc.). The phone interview included behavioral based questions using the STAR method. Afterwards, she invited me for an in-person interview. The in-person interview lasted for about 1.5 hours early in the morning. Roughly 20 other candidates were also there, but we only toured the company together. Our actual interviews were separate. First, I met with a project manager who had me perform a customer service role play exercise. The next person I spoke with performed a standard interview with more behavior based questions. I took one basic finance course in college and Googled the basic terms to refresh my memory. They seemed to care more about my customer service skills than anything else, which was great news for me.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Based Question (STAR): Tell me about the hardest exam you ever took.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

I was called out of the blue a few days after applying and the guy was extremely kind. Super congenial and wanted to know why I was interested in vanguards.

Interview Questions

• He asked three different questions with 3 subset questions. I got to choose one of the three questions. They were about times I've had to learn a new process quickly, worked with difficult people, and what I knew about vanguard.   Answer Question

Client Relationship Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

Was encouraged to apply by recruiters at my school. I received a request for an interview the next day. After scheduling the interview, I was never contacted again.

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was two parts. The first part is a phone interview, asks basic financial questions. If you do not have a finance background, but have even the slightest bit of knowledge on investments & business trends-you'll be okay. Really important for the phone interview- be yourself 100%, I truly believe that's what helped me land the in-person interview. Which by the way, you're recruiter will thoroughly prepare you for that portion. The first part of the interview is a case study, which isn't hard- but you do have to prioritize customer needs while still maintaining to the protocol of the company (if you have common sense, won't be too hard). The second part is the STAR interview with two people and the third part is the behavioral portion with a flagship leader, which coincidentally this leader was almost like me- a vest for traveling and life in general. Be prepared. Be honest and have fun, this was the most relaxed interview and "fun" interview I had because I was myself and I think that really shined through :)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had an obstacle in which you overcame in your life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA).

Interview

Basic phone interview first. In person 2nd interview with a case study. Questions regarding what you know about the company and general financial markets. Questions regarding career goals and what you're looking for. Trying to see if you'd fit with the culture