Vanguard Client Relationship Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vanguard Client Relationship Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

The phone interview was very stress free. They asked me to explain my prior jobs and work experiences. They then asked me several basic behavioral questions that were easy to answer. I was then asked to come back for an on site interview which consisted of a tour, an information session, and two interviews. One interview consisted of behavioral questions and the other was a role playing exercise.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to deal with a frustrated customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Vanguard

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

I went through the interview process twice. The first time, I didn't get an offer, but was brought in for an in-person interview. I persisted to apply a second time and was given an offer the second time. The first interview is the phone interview, the second is the in-person interview. When the interviewer calls, you will be asked about your background, (work history, education). The interviewer will also ask about why you are interested in the position and what you know about Vanguard. You will also be asked a few finance related questions like "what is stock", "what is a bond?" Towards the end of the phone interview, you'll be asked a few situational based interview questions. If I recall correctly, at the end of the phone call, the interviewer will inform you of the next steps, (a prep-call and availability for an in-person interview). The interviewer will be really helpful during the prep call. You will be prepped on what the in-person interview will consist of and how to present yourself as a professional. The in-person interview has three portions. There is a case study which requires problem solving, (you'll need to figure out what the key issues are, how to solve the issues, and in what order). The second portion is a role play which requires you to be conversational, address the problems, and provide a little bit of financial advice for the client. The third portion of the in-person interview is when you'll be asked 3, 4, maybe 5 situational based interview questions. You'll need to answer the questions in the STAR format (situation, task, application, resolution). At the end, you'll be thanked for coming to the interview, and be required to turn in your badge at the exit. It may take about 3-5 days before you hear back from human resources. The first time, I called my recruiter and shortly after received a rejection email. The second time, I called my recruiter and he said I did well and should hear back from someone from human resources with good news. One day later, I received a call from human resources with an offer. You're given the option to accept or wait a little while to think about it.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about Vanguard....

Tell me about a time when you adapted your approach when dealing with a certain client/person...

Tell me about a time when you faced a lot of pressure and how you dealt with it...

Tell me about a time when you were really overwhelmed with your workload and how you dealt with it...
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

30 minute phone interview followed by an in house interview, consisting of a tour, role play, and basic behavioral questions. There were 11 other people there interviewing with another group coming in later

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied Online, heard back promptly. Had a thirty minute phone interview, mostly STAR questions. Was invited for an onsite interview. 30 min tour, 30 min behavioral interview, 30 min case study

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when something unethical happened at work and how you approached the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

I first had the phone interview. Now asked back for an in person interview. The questions were all behavioral type questions and mostly straight forward. Have a couple good stories that can show teamwork or leadership skills. This company deeply cares about their customers, so also keep that in mind. They would like you to respond using the STAR method. Make sure that you show a passion for the finance industry.

Anonymous Employee in Tredyffrin, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Tredyffrin, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very quick moving, the phone interview was cordial and stress free. After the phone interview I was scheduled for an in-person interview within a few weeks, which was also very welcoming and reassured that Vanguard was the place I wanted to be. I was offered the job the next week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had an issue on the job and how you resolved said issue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

One phone interview, then an in-person interview at the Vanguard site in Malvern. In-person interview consisted of a case study and a standard interview. The case study revolved around an upset client and how you would attempt to fix the problem. The standard interview consisted of a few questions regarding some experiences you've had working with people.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you were forced to change your approach to a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

I started the application process online in September. I received an email to conduct a phone interview. I had two phone interviews which lead to an on site interview. The on site interview included a building tour, Q&A session, a case study, role play and behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you completed work and was informed it was incorrect or not completely with satisfaction.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Applied via the online portal, received a touch-base call within three business days. Interviewed by phone officially about 2 weeks later. The recruiter was very kind! Was offered an in-person interview. Went in for that interview and was offered the job shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions

• We are not allowed to give out specific interview questions, but there was a role play section and a basic behavioral interview thereafter. Honestly, I thought that both sections were fairly easy as long as you don't get nervous.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

I initially received a phone call to discuss behavioral interview type questions. After describing myself and background to the HR person, I was asked to do a more formal phone interview involving behavioral questions. Then, they invited me to fly out for somewhat of a super day for a case study interview and behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you have displayed leadership?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe a time when you showed your boss or supervisor your credibility as a team player?   Answer Question
    • Can you help advise me on what a mutual fund or bond market fund?   Answer Question