Vanguard Client Relationship Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vanguard Client Relationship Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Jan 11, 2018

279 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ) in December 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn and we set up a phone screen. Pretty easy call, the recruiter walked me through the company and their opportunities, then just asked about my background and interest (and one behavioral-based question). At the end of the call, she offered me an in-person interview. Before I went onsite, the recruiter called me again for a 15 minute prep call; just went over what to expect. On-campus interview was 2 hours: first hour was a campus tour and a benefits presentation by the HR department, plus some time to review case study materials. For the case study, we were given a packet with the client background, a “page” from the procedural manual, and a description of the situation. We were also given four questions in advance about how we’d address the problem and such. Then I went into a one-on-one with an employee – we reviewed how I answered the 4 questions and did a role play of another situation with the same client. Then, a different employee came in to do behavioral-based questions. Make sure to have questions prepared to ask; they leave plenty of time for that. Both interviewers were pretty conversational and reaffirmed the answers I gave.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Vanguard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ) in December 2017.

Interview

I talked to an employee at a career fair and gave them my resume. A couple months later I received an email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was around 45 minutes (behavioral questions dealing with working with clients and group projects, etc.) and at the end they invited to me to an in-person interview (they pay for flight, hotel and meals). The in-person interview was with 20-30 other candidates. They gave us a tour and overview of benefits and the different divisions. Then I had to do a case study and role-play it to an employee. Make sure you pay attention to detail. Then they just ask behavioral questions. Two weeks after they called and gave me a job offer. I'm pretty sure they give almost everyone an offer. I declined because they pay significantly low and all you do is answer phones all day long and learn no real technical/analytical finance skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when... (dealt with a difficult customer, worked in a team, etc.)   1 Answer
    • Role Play Situation: Help customer with accounts. (They give you tons of time to prepare)   Answer Question
    • Ask questions about your past work experience and school.   Answer Question

Client Relationship Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

With Vanguard's below average salary, I applied for this position as a back up thinking I'd definitely get the position. Basic questions about why you're interested and some STAR based questions having to do with customer service. I've never worked in a customer service role so I bombed the interview. I guess it's for the better - I don't wanna be answering phones all day every day anyways.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview with a recruiter asking basic interview questions and giving an overview of the company culture and job responsibilities. Second interview is in-person. More interactive with a case interview with multiple recruiters.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to take initiative and lead a team   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2017.

Interview

I spoke with Vanguard rep at my university career fair. They spoke about the different positions and I applied. Initially, nothing happened. It wasn't until a year later that HR found my resume in their database, saw my resume fit some of the position qualifications, and we set up a phone interview. Following the phone interview, I flew out to Vanguard office for an onsight interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent project where you had to learn something new and how did it impact your experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and had an interview on my college campus with a recruiter first. Then a week later I was brought in for a group interview on their campus.

Client Relationship Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard in November 2017.

Interview

Very kind employees that want to have a conversation with you and get to know you on a personal level. Ask about your resume as well as behavioral questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a conflict with a customer and how did you approach and resolve the issue.   Answer Question

Client Relationship Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

Vanguard flew me out to malvern for an interview. Treated me incredibly well and paid for everything. Very nice people, really enjoyed the culture. Seems like they really care about their employees and encourage professional development.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to leverage available resources to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Client Relationship Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

Call interview with the recruiter first
    In person interview easy, basic STAR questions and goals questions. Play by play scenario on how to assist a client. Be polite and attentive to detail is key. Knowing basic investment terminology is needed to assess the given scenario and advise the client.

Interview Questions

• What do I know about the company?
      Name a situation when you had to deal with a difficult client and how did you resolve it
      Name a time when you were faced with unpleasant situation at your workplace and how did you go about handling it ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Interview

Initially there is a phone interview, from there they will bring you onto the campus for a tour and formal interview. Be prepared to answer a few behavioral questions and a few finance-related questions. Most the interviewers are kind and will make the interview more conversational.

Interview Questions

• What is an ETF? What is a mutual fund?   1 Answer