Vanguard Client Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017

2.9

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

Detailed for the positions asked basic questions like do you know what an etf is or what is the difference between a stock and a bond stuff like that and a couple behavioral questions

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Vanguard

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

First received a phone call from the recruiter. Had about an 30 min to 45 conversation about my career and prior work experience. A few questions were behavioral based like "tell me about a difficult customer and how you had to change your tactic to help them." After that we scheduled an interview in location. I was emailed the info that I should be prepared to know and tips to help during the interview. They helped a little bit but it did not make a huge difference in preparation. The interview started with a group in a conference room going over why Vanguard is a good place to work. After we were given a case study in which we had about 10 mins to complete. After that was done we all went to another location were there was 2 different interviewers that the first went over the case study and the second did more behavioral type questions. It was a pretty relaxed atmosphere. They did their best to make you comfortable and to do well during it.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for Vanguard?
      Tell me about how you experienced a negative result and what you did to change it and the results from it?
      Tell me about your experiences?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was intimidating at first because it is a two-part interview. The first part consists of explaining your answers to a case study that you will have received several minutes prior. The second part is a traditional interview with behavioral questions (i.e. tell me about a time when you...). There is also a role-playing scenario involved where you pretend you are talking on the phone to the interviewer giving investment advice. Prepare well in advance by thinking of answers to typical questions (use the STAR method) and be on your toes and you will do fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied for vanguard online. I got a call back the next day asking for a phone interview. I had my phone interview it seemed like the interviewer was new at it. She just kept making it awkward but little to say I didn't get offered a second interview.

Interview Questions

• What did you tell someone is the past when you couldn't do something. Explain   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vanguard (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2016.

Interview

Behavioral questions, different in stock and bonds was the only finance related question, otherwise just a conversation. Interviewer followed template. Responded to my answers which helped make me feel comfortable. Also described what would happen if I made it to the second round. Asked that I follow the start interview format which I had never heard of before.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vanguard (Raleigh, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

I did well on the first interview and was invited for a second, on site interview. I was told the on site interview would be for a client event. I was very confused as to why the address I was given was for a Sam's club. I wasn't told that it was a Sam's club either. I show up and the event was actually a kiosk selling hot/cold packs. I felt very mislead. The interviewer said that it was just the grunt work before going to a management position, but they should still be honest about what a client event actually is.

Interview Questions

• How were the principles of business applied as she approached a customer to convince him to buy the product.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

All STAR format questions. They have a script that they basically go through. Did not stray off course of interview questions at all. No small talk just immediately asked about "A time when..." A time when you built a relationship with a customer etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. Asked STAR based questions. It really helps to prepare with scenarios first. Have some knowledge of the company. Very nice and informative interviewer. Seemed like a great place to work

Already found something

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Pretty typical first round interview, have some base knowledge about what is going on in the market and how mutual funds, index funds and ETF's operate. Once they fly you out it is about 2 hours of interviews and 2 hours of information on the company. 1 hour is behavioral based and asks different questions along the lines of "When have you been in the position that showed ________ and what was the result?" the other hour is a case study putting you in a situation you would face when you start on the phones. Your interviewer acts as the client and will try to make you flustered. Fairly easy and very basic, just be personable and genuine.

Interview Questions

• Kept on asking questions about past experiences dealing with clients, we're all college students so no one has legitimate experience thus its hard to come up with examples.   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

Dropped off resume and application. Receiced a phone call and scheduled first interveiw. A second interveiw was arranged a week later. Received offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• The questions were simular in regards to prior client service experience. They did not ask about investment knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating