Vanguard College to Corporate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 1, 2017

2.8

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

College to Corporate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

An hour phone call, consisted of a resume rundown, behavioral questions, followed by information about the program. The recruiter whom I spoke with was nice on the phone, and the overall phone call seemed a very conventional process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you lacked information to do a task, but proceeded to do it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Vanguard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA).

Interview

Very smooth and pleasant process overall. Had a first round phone screening then was invited to their headquarters in PA for a full day, final interview. The day consisted of two back to back interviews, one hour each, a group activity that you can prepare for in advance, and different events throughout the day to introduce you to Vanguard. Questions are all behavioral. People are nice and welcoming, and it was a pleasant day. I heard back within two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you had to find the answer with inadequate information?   Answer Question

College to Corporate Interview

Interview

Conversational, behavioral interview. Phone-screen process went smoothly, if you know your basic answers to behavioral questions about leadership and group experiences, you'll be fine. The whole thing took about an hour.

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

We met at a career fair and a week later I had a phone interview. About a week after that I got a phone call asking to come to the Scottsdale Campus for a Super Day. The following week I went and did the Super Day which consisted of group activities, presentations, and 2 hour long interviews.

Interview Questions

• They were all Behavioral Questions!
      Q: Tell me about a time you...
      -motivated someone
      -convinced someone to do something they did not want to do
      -you were the bad team member
      -you failed as a leader
      -you innovated something at a company   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

This was for IT internship - had first round interview with recruiter that involved resume, situational and coding concept questions (no coding, just concepts). After that, came on campus (Malvern, Greater Philly, PA) for final round interview. Day consisted of group activity and discussion, as well as one behavioral interview and one technical (more coding concept question) interviews. They are observing you during all of the group activities as well.

Interview Questions

• Difference between statically and dynamically typed variable   Answer Question

College to Corporate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vanguard in October 2016.

Interview

45 minute long phone interview. Began with basic catch all's (why do you want to work for Vanguard, where do you see yourself in the industry, etc.) then moved on to behavioral questions which took up the bulk of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you convinced someone to see things from your perspective.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

They called me to set up a time for a longer interview telephone call. They called me at the a pointed time. They followed a Situation, Task, Action, Result (S.T.A.R.) interview question format for most of their questions. After their questions, they asked if I had any questions for them. The whole interview process lasted about thirty minutes. They said it would take about two weeks before I would hear from them if I got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a leadership experience you had when you had to deal with a negative situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Interview

Brief phone screen, then they bring you in for a super day. Two back to back hour long interviews, tour of the site, industry discussion with other candidates. Everyone is very personable and you are notified within 1-2 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

Full day getting to know what Vanguard is all about. Two back to back one hour interviews with great personable interviewers (didn't really feel like an interview). They were genuine and it felt much more like a conversation. Make sure you are prepared for Star questions and do your research about Vanguard. Discussion and problem solving activities throughout the day, not too hard though. Be a leader and exemplify communication.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had conflict within a group. How did you solve it? How did you feel?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vanguard (Hanover, NH) in February 2015.

Interview

I first spoke to a recruiter through an online career event held by my school. The recruiter referred me to another recruiter in the location I was interested. We went through a typical phone screen.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me about my resume and what I know about Vanguard.   Answer Question