Vanguard Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vanguard Intern Interview Questions

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online and spoke to reps at a campus event. Received a call from some contract HR person and gave me a brief interview, almost entirely behavioral questions. She explicitly explained that they rely on STAR. They offered to bring me in for on-site interviews.

Interview Questions

• How did you work with someone on a team who was not motivated?   Answer Question

Program struck me as uninteresting and bureaucratic. Institutionally they struck me as slightly arrogant.

Other Interview Reviews for Vanguard

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard in February 2016.

Interview

Applied on Vanguard's website. After two weeks I was contacted by an recruiter through email and was asked to scheduled a phone interview. Spoke with a recruiter and went through basic behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Why did you choose your current college?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

It started with an email to set up a phone screening with a human resources representative. Then once you make it past the phone screening, they invite you down to interview in person with 2 principal members.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a difficult situation you have been put into?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

An initial phone screening to begin with, and then if you pass their screening they will call you back for a second interview. The phone call lasted about an hour. They ask you to explain your entire resume in full and then go on to ask you a few behavioral type questions (STAR). As long as you can explain your entire resume in detail and are prepared for the behavioral questions, you should be alright.

Interview Questions

• Ask you about your resume in full (know it inside and out)
      Behavioral questions - tell me about a time when... etc.
      Why Vanguard
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

Had a phone interview with an HR person for about 30 minutes. Then was asked to an on-site half day interview with a couple other candidates there as well. Interview was generally get to know you questions with a few technical questions. Got to tour the campus and experience what it was like to work there.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between and Abstract class and an Interface?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through my school, had a brief 30-minute first round where they ask you about yourself. Emailed me about a week later to invite me to interview on site. Was an all-day thing where you meet some people from the company and they tell you a lot about the culture, meet the other applicants who are there that day, and then have two interviews: one with a business leader and one with an HR person. Also had a group activity where you prepare some responses to a question about the economy and stuff. Was not difficult, they just want to see how you interact with others.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to relocate to the Philadelphia area for the position?
      Lots of behavioral questions.
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online and a representative from the HR department contacted me to schedule a time for a phone interview. The interview was STAR based behavioral questions. Questions such as give me a time you.... and discuss your strengths and weaknesses.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The interview was mostly behavioral. Questions were pretty standard and not difficult at all. Vanguard mostly wants to see that you are the correct fit for their company. Know your resume, research the company and culture and show that you are a team player than you will most likely do well.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard in October 2013.

Interview

Culture is really team oriented. Started out with a phone interview based on the STAR technique and attended a final interview day with other candidates on site. Vanguard made sure that the candidates had a chance to speak with long term employees and former interns during their time on site.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mainly behavioral, where do you see yourself in 10 years, talk about a situation where you have disagreed with a coworker or your boss, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

You first go through a phone interview and if they like you, they will ask you to come in for a full day interview. It starts off with breakfast and networking; them telling you about the company - the basics. Then you will get 1 on 1 interviews with 2 different people. There is lunch and networking with managers during this time. There will also be a panel of employees who are there to answer all of your questions. And finally you finish off with an activity. Make sure to participate because HR will be at a table new by watching.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to deal with something difficult and how did you handle it.   Answer Question