Vanguard Client Relationship Associate, Banking Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vanguard Client Relationship Associate, Banking Interview Questions

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Valley Forge, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Vanguard (Valley Forge, PA) in March 2012.

Interview

They have a phone interview then you get invited to their super day which consists of about 5 hours of additional interviewing and a tour. All the questions are STAR format, a case study, and behavioral questions-- no technical questions really.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation allowed.

Other Interview Reviews for Vanguard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

After applying for the position a recruiter emailed me and we set up a phone interview. The interview consisted of several S.T.A.R questions and then I was invited to interview in person during a student visiting day. The company was great to visit and on that day, four other students were interviewing. We began with a breakfast where we met several managers. They had a PowerPoint and there were several opportunities to answer questions about the company. The first interview was one on one with several more S.T.A.R questions. The next round had two people interviewing and a ten minute case. We finished with a tour and a Q&A with people currently working in the position. I felt like the company was relaxed and people focused. They also had diversity in terms of age, race and gender. In addition to being an extremely prestigious firm, Vanguard is trying to become one of the "Best Places to Work" by offering flexible schedules, mentoring, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to manage a difficult person.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2011.

Interview

Contains a general panel interview with STAR questions (Situation, Task, Action, Result- your responses should be structured to touch on all 3 points). After that, a case study of 3 investor profiles and a vignette on their needs. You get to "mock call" with these individuals, and they evaluate your patience, ability to get additional information, and control the call flow.
    Normally an interest in investments is enough to get hired. If you are skilled, it can be to your advantage. They may forward you onto another more senior role if available.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time....   1 Answer
    • What was the first Mutual Fund in America? (my interviewer gave the incorrect response, Wellington Fund)   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Forge, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Valley Forge, PA) in July 2010.

Interview

First had a phone interview which consisted of very basic questions like prior experience and knowledge of the company. Then invited to malvern campus for a 2 on 1 interview and a case study. Was asked tough questions in the interview that were hard to answer for someone that just graduated college, however, was able to answer all questions except for 1. Then given a relatively simple case study.

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you helped a client solve a technical problem   Answer Question

Client Relationship Associate, Banking Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vanguard in March 2011.

Interview

The interview included two one on one interviews and a case study.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate

Client Relationship Associate, Banking Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard in October 2010.

Interview

I thought that the interview and hiring process were fine. I do not have any suggestions here

Client Relationship Associate, Banking Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard in June 2009.

Interview

I received a phone interview called me back about 2 weeks later and scheduled at 1 on 1 interview. The question were STAR Method Format.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with someone   1 Answer
    • How do you get someone to trust you   1 Answer

Client Relationship Associate, Banking Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vanguard in April 2008.

Interview

STAR Format questions