Vanguard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vanguard Interview Questions

Updated Dec 13, 2017

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

over the phone and then 2nd round interview. if they don't offer you the 2nd round interview up front and give you a "will call you for 2nd round" that means you did not make it.

Interview Questions

• what is a stock, index fund, mutual fund or bond ?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

One phone interview ~30 minutes long, mostly behavioral with some technical questions included. Afterwards, there is an in-person interview on Vanguard's campus that includes a whole day of events - round table discussion, technical interview & behavioral interview, and informational discussions about working at Vanguard.

Quality Assurance Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towamencin Village, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Vanguard (Towamencin Village, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

All the questions were around behavioral. No technical questions. Interview lasted from 2 to 5:30. Instead of 2 to 4. One would imagine that you got the job because of extra hour & half. It seems like they were already looking for someone Internally but wanted to keep HR happy interviewing at least one person outside the company. I got that feeling even when I talk to the HR lady before I went to the interview. Why way someone's whole day for this BS?

Interview Questions

• They were all behavioral questions. Google them and you will know. No technical questions at all. No questions about previous experiences.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

reached out to by the recruiter fora phone interview. Pretty basic phone interview about myself, my background, future goals, etc. Didn't make it to the next round but they were very unresponsive with emails,

Financial Advisor Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

started with an on campus interview consisting of resume and behavioral questions
    then was invited on-site for a super day at vanguard: 2 interviews one behavioral and one case based,both an hour long and then a round table discussion

Interview Questions

• biggest strength and how it applies to this particular role   1 Answer

Personal Investor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was really simple, I had two over the phone interviews, and one in person. I was flown out to Malvern, PA, put in a nice hotel, and reimbursed for all expenditures affiliated with my interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had difficulty achieving a task? How were you able to fulfill it?   Answer Question

Client Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call within 5 business days. Basic Phone screening. Invited to a cattle call interview. Two part interview one-on-one with two different managers. First part was a role play, second part was behavior "STAR" style. Received phone call within 10 business days. Pay close attention to the role play...they aren't long so any info you are given is relevant. My role pay tested my ability to prioritize tasks, problem solve on the fly, and listen to key details to make a soft sell.

C2C IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then I was to schedule a phone interview which happened around 2 weeks after the original application. The phone interview was technical regarding very elementary Java concepts and then behavioral questions and things about me.

Interview Questions

• What is garbage collection and what are its advantages and disadvantages?   Answer Question

Client Relationship Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

Was encouraged to apply by recruiters at my school. I received a request for an interview the next day. After scheduling the interview, I was never contacted again.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

First there was a phone screen with someone from HR and then if HR liked you from the phone screen you were told that someone else would email you with an interview day and schedule. Interview day is a 4 hours long with 2 interviews with managers and directors, an assessment, and lunch/coffee with a current analyst. Very straightforward but the some of the questions are meant to trick on purpose.

you need to be on your game the entire time, don't let your guard down on bit. the managers and directors notice everything.

felt like they want a certain person and not really open to diverse backgrounds. that is what I gathered since the two current analyst had a similar background to me. I want diverse backgrounds not the same.

Interview Questions

• instead of weakness they ask what would a critic would say about you?   1 Answer
    • why vanguard   1 Answer