Vanguard Investment Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vanguard Investment Specialist Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a three week process in which it consisted of two phone interviews and a four hour in-person portion. The four hour portion consists of an informative group session in which your are encouraged to asked questions, but this has no impact on your recruitment. The two portions that actually matter (as the 4th segment is simply a skills assessment that recruiters cannot even look at) are the role-play portion, and the behavior based interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me a time in which you felt like your communication skills were at its best. Describe to me a situation in which you had to build a relationship with a client.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Vanguard

Investment Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

Phone interview, on site interview (case S.T.A.R. method). Overall very basic and simple, no surprises here. On site interview consisted of behavioral and case. Got a call back within a few weeks with a non negotiable offer that I had to take because I was unemployed at the time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non existant

Anonymous Employee in Valley Forge, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Valley Forge, PA) in May 2013.

Interview

First round phone interview then an on-site interview two weeks later. Phone interview were basic screening questions (Tell me about yourself, Why Vanguard, etc...) then the on-site interview was with multiple personnel and took about half a day. Everyone was very friendly and there were a lot of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were working in a team environment as a leader and received push back from your team. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Investment Specialist Interview

Interview

The interview process was extremely thorough and they make sure that you are very detailed in your tact to get to the clients needs. They are upfront and the atmosphere is extremely welcoming.

Negotiation

Investment Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard in March 2011.

Interview

Too many questions, hard to come up with the answers on the spot, very stressful experience.

Interview Questions

• what is your plan for the next 5 years? where do you see yourself exactly?   1 Answer