Vanguard Investments Australia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vanguard Investments Australia Interview Questions

3.2

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia (Scottsdale, AZ) in November 2007.

Interview

Initial screening took place in the form of a one-on-one interview following a career-fair solicitation.
    Next step was a *detailed* phone interview.
    Final step was a full-day recruitment event which consisted of presentations by employees, meetings, one on one behavioral interviews, a panel interview, and a luncheon. The day culminated in a group discussion by the applicants.
    Although it was deceptively casual, everyone you meet is watching you *very* carefully for undesireable traits. Some staff seemed rather unfriendly and elitist, but most were down to earth and professional. Be advised, vanguard wants a LOT of information about its applicants. The usual (cover letters, resumes) as well as college transcripts, high school transcripts, writing samples, references).

Interview Questions

• It went something like this: a client is currently recieving several different monthly statements for various services they are using. The client has asked you whether you can compile these statements into one, easy to read, monthly statement. Doing so is not a normal service, and would result in a significant time cost, however the client is a longstanding one and has provided a lot of revenue for the company. The client is annoyed with the status quo, but is unlikely to take their business elsewhere if their request is denied. What is your response?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Very helpful interviwers. Whole day of interview. Ask a lot of questions

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5-7 years   1 Answer

IT College to Corporate Internship Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia (Malvern, PA) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied for the internship through the Vanguard website. Two weeks after applying I got an email from a senior recruiter at Vanguard asking for availability for a phone interview. I did the phone interview and at the end of the conversation I was invited to the Student Visit Day. The day consisted of two hour long interviews, a problem solving exercise, and a meeting with TLP employees. They told me they would let me know if I would receive an offer I would hear by 1-2 weeks and I heard in 6 days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in July 2008.

Interview

After much delay, I spoke with an HR rep who went over some basic pre-interview questions. Unfortunately, the communication stopped shortly after this interview. It is a very difficult company to crack, especially now.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia (Melbourne (Australia)) in February 2014.

Interview

There were 3 rounds and each was over a week apart. Concerned mostly with ability to interact with overseas counterparts, there were no technical questions or focused around past experiences. Mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Contract IT Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia (Charlotte, NC) in April 2012.

Interview

1) Initial phone screen with entry-level recruiter at outside staffing company
    2) Second phone screen with higher-level recruiter at outside staffing company
    3) In person interviews that included a video call and face-to-face meeting

Interview Questions

• What is the exact process you would go through to recruit java developers?   Answer Question

Fixed Income Analyst Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in September 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed on the phone but the inteviewer was not nice or very charming. Asked behavioral questions and was very quick and boring. She asked the typical questions, why vanguard. Asked what separated them from competition, made them special

Interview Questions

• What separates Vanguard from competition   1 Answer

Accelerated Development Program Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in November 2011.

Interview

Very basic background questions. All questions asked were behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Vanguard Accelerated Development Program?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in asset/investment management?   Answer Question

Client Relationship Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia (Scottsdale, AZ) in May 2011.

Interview

The hiring process was very upbeat, encouraging, as well as direct and honest. The interview was set with one manager, and then followed by an interview with the floor supervisor. They were very interested in people who genuinely care about the welfare of the clients. The majority of people I encountered during and after the interview process are friendly, very willing to help, always encouraging and willing to listen. The office is conservative, honest, genuinely client focused. It is a call center and the future associates will need to pass the series 7 & 63 exams. Things change often so one must be extremely flexible.

Interview Questions

• How did you react when a client was angry or unhappy?   Answer Question
    • Give us an example of a time when you had to calm a volatile situation or client?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The starting pay is good for someone without a background in the financial industry. It is set and there really is no negotiation for this particular position.

Junior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview at the company consisted of 2 steps: First a technical part with 2 developers, after that a more higher-level interview with their in-house recruiter and business manager. Each piece was half an hour in length.
    In the technical they went over my resume and asked me about the projects that I completed in the past, which technologies were used and what challenges I had faced. Then a few fairly generic programming questions (OOP, databasaes, C#) , but no whiteboard exercise where I would have to write code myself.

The second part about the interview was about the company, expectations for this role, my motivation and the overall fit.