Vanguard Investments Australia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vanguard Investments Australia Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia (Scottsdale, AZ) in October 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with two guys. The questions were mostly behavioral questions using the STAR technique. They did ask what type of career goals you have and what type of position you would like to be in. For me I wanted to be more of an analyst but the position was for CS. They also had a case study for you to do during. It was about an unhappy customer and they reviewed your answers with you. It was your typical interview. Had a tour around the facility afterward.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when your supervisor was unavailable and how you handled a situation that required their presence.   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia (Scottsdale, AZ) in September 2008.

Interview

This is for a call center position. Many behavorial questions, "tell me about a time you were working with a difficult individual, how did you handle it?".

Interview Questions

Company put an emphasis on longevity of working at firm, not how good you were.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in August 2010.

Interview

The recruiter called me and spent about 45 minutes of my time explaining the position and the company. I really knew nothing about the company and was BORED. they called me again and asked me to fly to their scottsdale office but wouldn't pay for any accommodations so I turned them down.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Vanguard? and how does our process work?   Answer Question

Client Relationship Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in May 2010.

Interview

The first interview consisted of a 45-60 minute phone interview and second interview was about an hour. It consisted behavioral questions.
    Tell me of a time you lead a group/
    Tell me of a time you had a conflict with a member.
    Tell me of a time you handle several tasks, and what kind of time management strategy did you use.

Second interview was a group interview (Two people)
    Tell me of a time you had a problem.
    Tell me of a time you had to convince someone to do something.
    Tell me of a time you had to something for an internal/external client.
    Tell me of a time where succesfull a solving a technical problem, and how did you go about solving it.
    What do you do to stay updated with the Finance Market?
    What do you see yourself doing in five years? (Be specific the career growth of the company)

Main thing about the group interview, as soon as the candidate begins to talk interviewers automatically judge their character. One of the interviewer seemed as if he did want to be there that day. While I was there trying to make it an interesting and proffesional conversation that one particular interviewer made it seem as if it was an interrogation. However, that is the bad thing about people like this; they are more worried about there self interests and miss out on great candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of time you did something for an internal\externall client.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2010.

Interview

Had a 45 minute phone interview with an hr person. They went through my resume line by line asking me to explain my role in each of my past jobs and asked a few behavioral based questions. (i.e. tell me about a time when you had a difficult choice to make, etc)

Client Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2010.

Interview

I applied online for the Client Service Associate position. I received an email from HR instructing me to call and schedule an initial phone interview. The phone interview consisted of 4 or 5 behavioral questions (describe in detail a time when you......). The phone interview went well, so we scheduled a 2 on 1 interview with a team leader and partcipant services department manager. That interview consisted of different behavioral based questions and 15 minute case study situation.

Got offered the job within two days and took it. We will see what happens.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail a time when you could not accomplish a task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia (Charlotte, NC) in January 2010.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview, where I was asked some basic questions. After the conclusion I was invited to their office in Charlotte for a 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you made a good decision when you didn't have all pertinent information?   Answer Question

IT Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia (King of Prussia, PA) in March 2008.

Interview

We were all pulled in for a group interview day. There were about 12 of us and we given a topic to review and share our thoughts about. We each had a chance to interview with 3 managers on a rotational basis based on your interest of employment. I feel like it was a reasonable method of employment.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have issues with employees while working on a collaborative project?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in November 2009.

Interview

I had a phone interview with an HR recruiter first. Then after receiving an offer for a second round of interviews, I went to the headquarters in PA for a day of interviews. The day consisted of interviews with two different managers, lunch with department directors, a panel discussion, and a group discussion on a topic that was sent to all candidates prior to the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would your biggest fan describe you? What would your biggest critic say about you?   Answer Question

MBA Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in October 2009.

Interview

The phone interview with the HR recruiter was for 30 minutes but ended up being 45 minutes. Most of the questions were situational and behaviorial questions. Questions such as tell me a time when you had to lead others and there was a conflict. How did you overcome that? What would others say about your leadership style? Also asked to walk over your resume and what led you to each career.

Be ready to remember your MBA gpa (of course) and your undergraduate gpa. They ask for your transcript should you get to the next round which is a Student Day Visit at their Malvern, PA office. I thought the gpa request for the undergraduate was interesting because job description did not state this.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume and what led you to each career choice.   Answer Question