Vanguard Processing Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 9, 2017

2.8

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

Easy interview for bright people, they help through out the process, I’m just not vanguard material.
A recruiter will call you first to get a feeler for you and then you will be put through a face to face interview. Vanguard helps you through out the way, and you have to be a complete failure if you are unable to secure a job.
That’s where I’m at so it’s time to weigh options up to and including suicide. Congrats to the people that are better than me

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult coworker and how did you handle the situation   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Vanguard

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

Two process interview. First is little easier, phone interview, just some general questions about mu experience and my goals. Second one is more serious with STAR questions and situations.

Interview Questions

• What would i do in the situation where i can not find answers in the procedures or manuals   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vanguard (Wayne, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

I solely did the phone interview and received a rejection letter the next day.
    From other reviews on here, it does not seem like a good position for upward advancement. I've also heard that after being employed by Vanguard you can only apply for a new position every 18 months. For me, it's basically a robot's job, but my objective was just to get my foot in the door. If you're an entrepreneurial person, a leader who wants to spread influence, or even a professional speaker, this mind-numbing job is not you. If you want a feel for the job, say, "Hello. Thank you for calling Vanguard. My name is ________. How can I assist you today?" a couple hundred times. If you love this, then this job is for you.

Interview Questions

• I was unimpressed with the interviewer. She was fifteen minutes late, did not seem so enthusiastic or like an expert in anything, and seemed bored with her job. There were no technical questions as others have described here. Instead, there were four personality questions.

Tell me where you see yourself in 5 years.
      Describe a time when you had a difficult customer.
      Describe a time when you were given a complex task.
      Why do you want Vanguard?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

I initially applied for a Processing Associate position. It took about four weeks for the application/interview process. I was contacted by a recruiter and had a phone interview where we went over some basic questions and he helped me adjust my answers to suit the interview. A week later he called me again and we reviewed what I would be potentially asked during the interview and how it all works. The following week the company payed for me to stay in a hotel over night and the next morning I took a bus to the campus. We were given a tour of the campus and a presentation about the company. We then had time to look over our case study until we were greeted by our interviewers. I was really lucky with mine because we both attended the same university so it was very easy to make conversation and be comfortable. We went over my answers for the case study, did the mock phone call, and then I was greeted again by another interviewer. She asked me basic behavioral questions that followed the STAR method. A week later I called my recruiter and asked if he had heard anything and he said I'd be expecting a very positive phone call. The following Monday HR called me and actually offered me a different position, Inheritance Specialist, which gave me a higher salary.

Processing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

It wasn't tough, but as any other interview, your nerves can get you. Mostly behavioral questions, make sure to answer everything with a STAR structure and know the background of Vanguard. Do your research because they care a lot about what you know and why you applied.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

The interview process was 2 parts with several individuals. Questions were straight forward but at the end you are given a case study in which you must read, analyze and answer scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• What will my skills and assets provide to their company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

First interview was over the phone and we discussed in brief my background and the job position. Second interview consisted of two one-on-one interviews and a presentation on the company. In all, I thought the interview was quite easy. The company wants you to do as well as possible so they email and talk to you the day before to give you pointers and tips. All questions during interviews were STAR based. As long as you are a personable and intelligent person they will want to hire you. I feel if you put in the time to research the company and learn their goals, you should be fine.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation because tell you expected salary in the first phone call

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

I converted from a contractor to a full-time crew member so the process was a bit different from a complete external hire. No phone interview, just one interview with two mangers in the department(Retail Client Account Services). With that being said, it is still a somewhat difficult interview mostly consisting of STAR based questions. They want to see your process for thinking through situations and how you handle them, and the outcome. If you cannot get these points across, you more than likely will not get the job. They want to know your people skills, not so much experience, though both are important.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time about when you had to motivate others when they did not feel like working to complete a task.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Mom/negotiable pay. GREAT benefits

Processing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

I was recruited through LinkedIn. The recruiter was quick to respond and set up a phone interview. She was pleasant, friendly, and conveyed that Vanguard cares about their employees and offers amazing benefits. She asked me behavioral questions and briefly touched on responsibilities and the schedule options (since they are a little weird compared to other places). I was ecstatic when she then offered to have me come in for an in-person interview a few days after.The days leading up to the interview they sent me a few emails with links to get to know the company, and I even received an email of encouragement the day before my interview directly from the person I was recruited by, which I thought was a nice touch. The interview process lasted from 8am-12pm and included an hour long presentation with a group of other interviewees, and then shortly after we were taken into separate rooms to begin the 1 on 1 case study, which was also followed by a roleplay. After that interviewer left, another interviewer came in to perform the behavioral interview. Once those were finished, I went to the lobby and waited for a tour of the building next door. The interview concluded once the tour was done.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to complete a difficult task in a short period of time. Tell me what the task was, and how you handled the task.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation - I didn't feel like it was necessary. The wage is more than fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

The process began with a staffing agency recruiter (not Vanguard employee) contacting me for a basic phone screening. I was then invited to an on-site interview in Scottsdale. The interview was very rigid and not an enjoyable experience. The first portion was with the Randstad recruiter for the behavioral questions. Then, I was asked to complete a case study. Before I completed the case study two Vangauard employees came. The next 15 minutes was like standing in front of a firing squad. While very professional, the interview seemed robotic, like it was a burden for those in attendance.

Just a few short minutes into the interview I knew I did not want to work for this company. I think it is a common courtesy to offer a water bottle to an interviewee in a business suit in July in Arizona. They missed the mark of making me feel welcomed. This spoke volumes to me about employee appreciation.

I now understand why there are constantly postings for this position and why it is that the staffing agency recruiter is in-house. Just a suggestion, but you may be more successful in the future if you aren't so uptight and present yourselves as engaged and interested.

Interview Questions

• Basic STAR format behavioral questions. Why Vanguard? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question