Vanguard Procurement Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Procurement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vanguard (Wayne, PA) in March 2012.

Interview

The process leading up to the interview went smoothly. As a customer of Vanguard, I am quite familiar with its product line and reputation within the financial community, so I felt this would be an ethical place to work.
After leaving the interview, which started in a conference room and ended in a cafeteria because we overran our alloted time in the conference room, I believed that while the manager would have been a great guy to work for, the job itself did not provide the kind of diverse challenges that would sustain my interest and motivation over the long haul. The other factor weighing into this process was the fact that the position had a six month duration and I was not convinced in my mind that the position itself warranted that duration let alone would provide an entree into the company as a permanent hire.

Interview Questions

• Really there were no show stoppers other than a question about specific experience negotiating an agreement for a specific type of investment service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Really not a whole heck of a lot. The salary negotiations with the recruiter were very basic, there was not a great deal of leeway with respect to the hourly rate.