Vans Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vans (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied on their career website for intern opening. Received an email within a week to set up a call for an HR interview. She told me about company and various opportunity. History of the company and different intern programs that they have. I was asked about my past experience and future expectation. Never received call back from them. Emailed the HR and she called and said , we have selected another candidate. Thanks for applying.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vans (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Easy, just be yourself and passionate about the product.There is a necessary element of salesmanship that you have to convey during the interview to be hired. It is a great place to work and there are very fun days on the job but also difficult ones.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite thing about vans shoes?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Floor Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vans (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied online, and then took a resume into the location the next day. The floor supervisor who took my resume was super friendly and helpful and told me who the manager was and to come back during certain times to meet him. I went in again the next day and the manager was super friendly and relaxed and set up an interview. The day of the interview we went outside of the store and sat at a table in the mall. The interview was very long but never felt like an interview. I was asked basic questions like how I handle conflict and the usual interview stuff but it never felt fake or like I needed to say the "right" thing, just like he was trying to know me as a person. After that I had to wait a week and interview with a manager from a second store (as a second opinion). I didn't have as much rapport with her as the first, but she still seemed cool and I felt good.about it. I was then told I would hear soon about a phone interview with the district manager.
    The only part I didn't like about any of these was how much time in between, I felt it took forever for them to give me an ok, but I never got the sense that there were a lot of candidates. This seems to only be their process when hiring management, not sales associates.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they offered me the highest wage i had been paid before at any job (Not my most recent previous employers wage,)

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vans (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Interview with District manager, regional manager, lost prevention manager, store director, and then the offer from District manager after background is submitted. You place information inn, when they send you a generated email from VF.