Vans Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

2.6

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vans (Brea, CA).

Interview

Took about 2 weeks until I received a call for an interview. I interviewed that same week at vans. Overall it was super chill. Both hiring managers were super friendly and wanted everyone to be themselves and feel comfortable. They really wanted to see you grow.

Anonymous Employee in San Clemente, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vans (San Clemente, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Group interview called in for a one on one interview after a few weeks where I was asked basic questions they had just made changes to company so they are looking for applicants

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vans (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied on their career website for intern opening. Received an email within a week to set up a call for an HR interview. She told me about company and various opportunity. History of the company and different intern programs that they have. I was asked about my past experience and future expectation. Never received call back from them. Emailed the HR and she called and said , we have selected another candidate. Thanks for applying.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vans (Palmdale, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and followed up with a resume in store. They called me about five minutes later and asked if I could come back for an on the spot interview. It was with two managers and they were very nice, however I was not offered the job. I was extremely disappointed because I personally love to ask what I can do better whenever the interviewers ask for any questions, and they told me I was doing great and had no complaints.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vans (Northridge, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process is very competitive, long, and over-rated for a shoe store. Only got the interview for walking into the store and handing in my resume the day right before the group interviews. Anyone who does that automatically gets a group interview, thus I had a group interview with 8 other applicants and there were 3 groups of us! I was called the next day to come back for a second interview and was 1 of the last 5 people out of 30 applicants, not including the rest of the people that apply online. Each interview lasted an hour and a half, and still haven't been called back.

Interview Questions

• The first interview is entirely personality-based, so answer truthfully but don't be too generic or too "unique." Questions included "What is your favorite donut?" or "If green was a flavor what would it be?" Out of the entire hour and a half interview, there was only 1 question that actually applied to the job and that was "In your past job experience, did you have a problem with management or a co-worker and if you did how did you work through it?"   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vans (Anaheim, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

HR was friendly and booked me an interview immediately. Around 2 days after I submitted my application. I had two people interviewing me and the questions that they gave me was just typical interview questions. I did not get the offer but they told me to re apply next time and finish my current internship. It sucks that the company restructured and got rid of that internship position.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about Vans and why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vans (Irvine, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Depends on the managers, but, my interview was laid back, questions from glassdoor assisted me, to be exact. I was in a group interview, which helped. Some stores don't do group interviews but most managers are really nice and make the interview process very calm.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the team?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vans (Huntington Beach, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Southern CA Vans locations send lots of employees to the US Open of Surf (Vans hosts it) during the middle of summer, so they look for a lot of temporary employees in those locations over summer. I applied during that time, and was interviewed by the store manager. The questions were very simple and basic, and the interview took place during daily hours outside the store. The manager was nice and friendly. Vans likes employees to know a bit about the company, so I reviewed the basic history of Vans (founder, etc.) and talked about it a bit. Easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: What makes a team function well?

Q: What can detract from a team's performance?

Q: How do you handle irate customers?

Q: What do you know about Vans?   Answer Question

Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vans (Cypress, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Quick phone interview with HR, then was brought it with E-Commerce Manager, and then Director of Omni E-Commerce. My interview was later in the day, so energy seemed really low. The time between interviewers was pretty long as well.

Interview Questions

• Very generic interview questions... Where do you see yourself in 5 years, 10 years.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vans (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Easy, just be yourself and passionate about the product.There is a necessary element of salesmanship that you have to convey during the interview to be hired. It is a great place to work and there are very fun days on the job but also difficult ones.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite thing about vans shoes?   1 Answer

Negotiation