Vans Retail Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vans Retail Store Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Vans

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vans (Houston, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Met with the DM after conducting a phone screening. Asked to dress as if I already worked there. Interview lasted about 2 hours which the DM said was much longer than typical for him. Went through work history, personal history, brand connection (incredibly important, don't apply if you can't somehow relate to the Vans 4 Pillars- Action Sports- any of the five even if just a fan and don't actually do them personally, Music- You should know about how Vans is connected with Music there are so many very public venues and shows that we are a part of or are ours and Music bridges all gaps so this is usually where most people can connect, Art- No one knows this one so stand out by actually speaking to it, and of course Youth Culture-what Vans has been about since the late 60s early 70s). Talked about skill level and what I can bring to the team.

Interview Questions

• How do you connect to the Brand personally? Tell me your Story of Sole   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very easy and they accepted my reasonable counter offer after the first time I asked.

Other Interview Reviews for Vans

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vans (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Interview with District manager, regional manager, lost prevention manager, store director, and then the offer from District manager after background is submitted. You place information inn, when they send you a generated email from VF.

Interview Questions