Vans Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vans Store Manager Interview Questions

2.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vans.

Interview

Vans can have a extensive interview process if you are interviewing for upper management. The interviews can be short and lacking depth. If you can come prepared then you will no problem. Confidence goes a log way.

Interview Questions

• if you have an open mind their questions a straight forward.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Vans

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Vans in November 2013.

Interview

Met with DM offsite at a Starbucks. It almost seemed like a bro-date. He just kinda chilled with me and didn't really ask many questions that were explicitly work related. He did dabble a bit, such as 'What type of manager are you' and 'How do you inspire your team.' Overall, it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell about the time you fell in love with Vans.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vans.

Interview

I went through 3 interviews during the process. One with another store manager, another with the district manager, and another with the regional manager. After going through all 3 interviews (which were in multiple places), I had to wait for them to run a background check on me. The entire process took almost a month to complete.

Interview Questions

• Everything was pretty straight forward interview questions. Nothing unexpected or "weird". They asked a lot of questions about how I relate to the brand and why I liked Vans in particular. There were quite a few situational questions like "tell me about a time when you did this" or "walk me through your process for this".   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was initially offered much lower than what I was already making at another retailer. The negotiation process was fairly easy. I told them that I was unwilling to take a paycut, and that I needed to make the same amount as I was currently making in order to consider a career with Vans. I was called back 3 days later with a counter offer meeting my minimum.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vans (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2012.

Interview

The Interview Process was very positive. I was asked to come back for a second interview right away and met with the District Manager and Director of Stores the next day. Each person that I met was very inspiring and motivating. They asked a lot of in depth questions and gave a lot of useful information. As part of the process they have to complete a background check which took a long time. I was waiting for an offer but couldn't wait to find out if I got the job so I had to accept an offer from a different company. Otherwise I would have accepted.

Interview Questions

• For me the most difficult question for me was regarding VF, because I had no idea that they were part of a larger corporation with so many sister companies.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vans in December 2009.

Interview

Very real talk
    Down to earth expectations
    Company Culture well presented.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Vans?   1 Answer

Negotiation