Vantage Deluxe World Travel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vantage Deluxe World Travel Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2017

2.5

Director, Brand Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vantage Deluxe World Travel.

Interview

A chaotic place. NO ONE from HR or Marketing seemed to have a clue what they were doing. Some of the Brand Managers were obnoxious--appeared bothered with job-related questions (what were they expecting, it was an interview, good candidates ask questions!). The only saving grace was a young guy from Finance that took the time to walk me through the process of how he interacted with Marketing and weekly expectations.

Travel Consultant At Home Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Villages, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Vantage Deluxe World Travel (The Villages, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

I called Vantage Travel Headquarters in Boston and asked for HR, they gave me Kim Brown and then I emailed her my resume along with letters of recommendation plus a photo of me. I then spoke with Kim Brown and Rachel Funk. Both were really nice. I was then emailed a test, which I took (later found out it was the wrong test for me). They offered me the job. This all happened with in two weeks.

Interview Questions

• How do you overcome objections? My answer is, by telling clients the Features and the Benefits of the trip and describing to them how Wonderful it will be for them.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vantage Deluxe World Travel (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview process started with a phone screening, followed by a short, 10 question test with relevant questions about the role and industry. In person interview was about 1 week after submission of the test.

Vice President Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vantage Deluxe World Travel (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews with recruiter and HR. Both lasted less than 30 minutes. Took online personality test, 5 online computer and competency test, asked to provide a written summary on HR process and improvement. Participated in group interview with owner and two managers.

Interview Questions

• Interview was geared toward a group discussion.   1 Answer

Travel Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vantage Deluxe World Travel (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online last week of January and received response less than a week later for a phone screen. HR missed two scheduled calls for a phone screen- third appointment finally happened maybe about two weeks after the initial appointment. Scheduled for in person interview that lasted about 2 hours. Was told they would advise of a response by the end of the week.. week and a half later, no update after sending a follow up email. Wasted over a month of communications with HR.

Print Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vantage Deluxe World Travel (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

After submitting my application I completed an initial phone screening with HR. The HR representative sent a Graphics quiz and sample spreadsheets prior to my in person interview. I met with the Creative Services Director, Lead Designer, & Production Manager. We discussed the role, my qualifications, why I want to work for them. They didn't know I had been sent any information/documents prior to the interview. It lasted around forty-five minutes.

Data Analyst-Technical Marketing Interview

Application

Interview

It is a 3 step process. 1st step is telephonic interview, 2nd step is technical assessment and the final step is managerial interview. I did get a response from the interviewer promptly on the status of my next processing steps

Interview Questions

• How to relate your job with your current experience? What is your salary expectation?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vantage Deluxe World Travel (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

A complete, unmitigated disaster. The woman I spoke to from HR kept telling me should would call me back, but rarely did. When I went to the interview in person, 2 of the 3 people I interviewed with weren't aware the interview was even scheduled so they were completely unprepared. I did great in the interview portion and was told by everyone how impressed they were. Then a month went by with no contact from Vantage - I left several voicemails with my HR contact and never heard back. A month later, I get a call from someone else in HR and they have no explanation as to what happened previously, but they are still interested in hiring me. I was told to expect an offer and instead I was sent an outdated online Excel test that was maddening to attempt because there are a number of different ways to do most things in Excel but you had to guess which way the system was set up to accept. Basically, this was a huge waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Have you read the reviews on Glassdoor about how awful it is to work here?   1 Answer

Director Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vantage Deluxe World Travel (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

An absolute waste of time. I had a phone interview with the recruiter, who invited me in for an in person interview for the next day. The interview was in fact only with the recruiter again, not the hiring manager. This recruiter had absolutely no marketing knowledge and asked questions that she would not know how to answer. She was distracted and disinterested, and clearly did not review my resume prior to the meeting. When asked about my past accomplishments, she brushed them off with disinterest, although I have an extensive marketing background and a proven history of relevant success, including within the industry.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your past accomplishments?   1 Answer

Vantage Deluxe World Travel Response

Sep 9, 2016

Vantage now has a documented process for recruiting and interviewing. All managers receive training on this process.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vantage Deluxe World Travel (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screening with HR, Preliminary phone interview with "hiring manager" (who would not be the supervisor as that position was in the process of being filled), 1/2 day series of on site face-to-face interviews with 11 different individuals.

Interview Questions

• Our CEO is very demanding and very hands-on. You will be put on the spot and expected to have answers and the supporting data to back yourself up. I can tell you it is uncomfortable. I can also tell you that I've try to support others in this process and was told to stay out of it as the CEO was trying to "teach this individual". Do you think you can separate the message from the delivery, and function in such an environment?   1 Answer
    • Required submission of W-2 or pay stub to verify current earnings   1 Answer