Vantage Deluxe World Travel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 20, 2017

2.3

Print Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vantage Deluxe World Travel (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

After submitting my application I completed an initial phone screening with HR. The HR representative sent a Graphics quiz and sample spreadsheets prior to my in person interview. I met with the Creative Services Director, Lead Designer, & Production Manager. We discussed the role, my qualifications, why I want to work for them. They didn't know I had been sent any information/documents prior to the interview. It lasted around forty-five minutes.

Data Analyst-Technical Marketing Interview

Application

Interview

It is a 3 step process. 1st step is telephonic interview, 2nd step is technical assessment and the final step is managerial interview. I did get a response from the interviewer promptly on the status of my next processing steps

Interview Questions

• How to relate your job with your current experience? What is your salary expectation?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vantage Deluxe World Travel (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

A complete, unmitigated disaster. The woman I spoke to from HR kept telling me should would call me back, but rarely did. When I went to the interview in person, 2 of the 3 people I interviewed with weren't aware the interview was even scheduled so they were completely unprepared. I did great in the interview portion and was told by everyone how impressed they were. Then a month went by with no contact from Vantage - I left several voicemails with my HR contact and never heard back. A month later, I get a call from someone else in HR and they have no explanation as to what happened previously, but they are still interested in hiring me. I was told to expect an offer and instead I was sent an outdated online Excel test that was maddening to attempt because there are a number of different ways to do most things in Excel but you had to guess which way the system was set up to accept. Basically, this was a huge waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Have you read the reviews on Glassdoor about how awful it is to work here?   1 Answer

Director Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vantage Deluxe World Travel (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

An absolute waste of time. I had a phone interview with the recruiter, who invited me in for an in person interview for the next day. The interview was in fact only with the recruiter again, not the hiring manager. This recruiter had absolutely no marketing knowledge and asked questions that she would not know how to answer. She was distracted and disinterested, and clearly did not review my resume prior to the meeting. When asked about my past accomplishments, she brushed them off with disinterest, although I have an extensive marketing background and a proven history of relevant success, including within the industry.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your past accomplishments?   1 Answer

Sep 9, 2016

Vantage now has a documented process for recruiting and interviewing. All managers receive training on this process.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vantage Deluxe World Travel (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied on line, submitted resume and answered screening questions. Contacted within 1 day to set up phone screen. Had phone screen. Contacted next day for interview. Went in for interview, met with 3 people separately, Contacted 2 days later for more information. W2 and link to personality test. Contacted a few days later and verbally offered the job. A written offer sent the same day via email.

Interview Questions

Vantage Deluxe World Travel Response

Aug 10, 2016

Vantage has invested in HR technology to streamline and make the application process more efficient. Good to see that it is paying off.

Director Interactive Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vantage Deluxe World Travel (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Worst interview I have ever had - HR never even acknowledged I was there and the people conducting the interview had a ridiculously odd line of questioning. Each had an interview "style" that was completely antiquated and at times totally irrelevant to the position!

Interview Questions

• "I like to start at the back of a resume...Tell me about you job there."   1 Answer

Sep 9, 2016

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vantage Deluxe World Travel (Boston, MA).

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call approximately 60 days later, did phone interview, set up interview with Director of Customer Service, received call with offer one week later and accepted it.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult customers   1 Answer

Jul 26, 2016

Vantage is always looking to improve technology with our product and operations in all areas of the business. We have recently implemented a recruiting and applicant tracking system to streamline ... More

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vantage Deluxe World Travel (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I interviewed at Vantage for an Inbound Sales position. First I was told to fill out an ancient application with my contact information. I sat around and waited for someone to greet me. I waited about 30 minutes and then someone finally came apologizing with an excuse that she was in a meeting. I first met with a man who i assume is a sales manager. He asked the standard questions about my experience and all that. Then he asked if I could work weekends. Then i met and a woman from HR. She asked questions that i found somewhat strange. About pressure and stressful situations.

Interview Questions

• They asked if i ever worked in a call center   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Interview

I was hired with a very sloppy process. my job is not what is what i was hired for everybody is scared they wanted to know how much stress i can handle

Interview Questions

• can you work in a very changing company   1 Answer

Jul 8, 2016

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vantage Deluxe World Travel (Boston, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

I attended a job fair was able to meet with HR and hiring managers right on site. Also was able to listen into customer's phone calls. I left there knowing exactely what the job would be like and felt good when it was offered to me

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is a standard base salary but commissions are through the roof. It is up to you on how much you can make per year

Jul 26, 2016

We find job fairs to be a great resource for recruiting. We also keep up with what the competition is doing in order to be competitive with salary and benefits.