Vantiv Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vantiv Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vantiv (Denver, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter about 2 weeks after submitting my resume. The recruiter was AWESOME. She sold me on the company and culture, and got me invested in the position. After the phone call with a recruiter, I had a phone interview with the person managing the position, then was brought in for an in-person interview with the team I'd be working with. After the in-person interview, I had 3 phone interviews with other people in the department, and then another in-person interview. It took about 3 weeks to receive an offer after the final interview. It was over the winter holidays, so that's probably longer than usual. Total time from resume submission to offer was about 9 weeks. After I accepted the offer, I did a background check and drug screening. The background check is very involved. ADP outsources the reference checks to another company that isn't well-rated, so many companies and institutions (several of my former employers and both colleges) will not provide them info, so just be prepared to provide your W2s and transcripts/proof of degrees :) Throughout the process both the recruiter and the manager of the position kept in touch with me about the process, which was appreciated!

I ended up picking Vantiv's offer because the interview process was so transparent, and everyone I met and talked to was so warm, friendly, and intelligent.

Interview Questions

• Pretty typical interview questions - How do you handle conflict in the workplace/How do you like to be managed, etc.   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vantiv (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Received an email asking me to choose the time & date of a phone screening interview.
    Then once I was called then I was asked when I could come in for an interview.

Tech Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vantiv (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was pretty straightforward. I applied online and a recruiter reached out to me. He went over my qualifications and scheduled me for an interview. The interview was about 30 minutes long. I spoke with a manager and a team lead who both asked questions about customer service, time management, etc.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vantiv (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

Easy interview, standard questions. I met with the outgoing admin and the hiring manager. Questions were about my last position and when could I start. I was shown where I would be working and told about some of the managers and their roles.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vantiv (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

First spoke to the manager for almost an hour. I then went to the Vantiv offices and met with the team in person. They went over my resume and experience and asked my general opinions.

Interview Questions

• Review of resume, so did you REALLY do this and that? (By a team member)   1 Answer

Channel Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vantiv.

Interview

Got connected at a career fair to another internal recruiter. Had a phone screen and then 2 other phone interviews with the hiring manager and one level above him. After that was asked to come onsite for 6 30 min interviews.

Interview Questions

• what was one thing you would have changed about your previous career?   Answer Question

Senior Public Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vantiv (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Vantiv is experiencing challenges determining what it wants for this role.

There were actually three job titles for the same opening during my two-month application/interview process. All had the same description, with the exception of the years of experience. The first two descriptions required five-eight years, and the last one required eight-10 years.

I saw the posting for the first iteration of the opening in early 2017 and applied. Soon after, I saw a posting with the same description, but a slightly different title.

An HR representative contacted me, and we had a good interview. I brought up the issue of the job title change and was told there'd been some internal discussion regarding in upgrade of the position, which was now a third title. The representative mentioned she wanted to arrange a phone interview for me with two people in the department where the position is based, and proceeded to schedule a time with one.

The job title change was characterized as being more of an effort for the position to match what outsiders would expect to see posted--and less a result of discussion about actual qualifications compared to the previous title. That's odd, considering the change of years of experience from five-eight to eight-10, which does reflect some thought given to the kind of candidate they want to attract.

I never did hear back regarding the second person with whom I was supposed to interview, so I contacted the HR representative, who said they were moving forward with another candidate.

My experience with Vantiv's recruiting practices was surprising, considering it's a publicly traded company with a stock price that's more than tripled in the five years since its founding. I would expect it to have the resources and collective experience to better think through in advance what to list in a posting and better communicate progress along the way. Its practices are more what I'd expect from a small, private startup still finding its way.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Vantiv (Mason, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview process was horrible. I interviewed with a young man, who had no idea about the correct way to interview. I told him about my more than 20+ years in customer service, and that I take care of Developmentally Delayed individuals in my home, which is a passion. He didn't know what DD means. Now if this young man knows nothing about life, how can her interview me. I don't expect to hear back. I'm not young enough and we definitely didn't mesh.

Co-Op/Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vantiv in March 2017.

Interview

Got an email including a link to the online assessment, and finished it in 50 mins, basic questions about Java and SQL. About how to write, call methods and how to select data from different databases.

IT Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durango, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vantiv (Durango, CO).

Interview

Thirteen separate conversations over a 3-month period. Multiple phone interviews, multiple individuals meetings, group interview with support team. This seemed excessive at the time, but I later found out that it was not too unusual for my hiring manager. What I wished I had known at the time was that the drawn-out process was actually consistent with this manager's lack of focus and too-broad scope of responsibility.

Interview Questions

• The support team has traditionally been a conduit to other roles in the company. How do you address that? And will it be any different for you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

easy

Inside Sales Executive - Gift Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vantiv (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email directing me to the site to confirm interview day/time. Received an email confirmation of the scheduled interview time with Autumn Victoria Poovey. The call never came and there is no means to follow up. Complete waste of time, I'd guess employees aren't well treated here if this is how it goes with applicants.