Vapiano International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Vapiano International Interview Questions

Interviews at Vapiano International

1.9

Line Cook Interview

Interview

Easy, no questions about my past experience, didn't even ask for a resume. They needed employees, so didn't care. The manager at that time almost flirted with me. It was that situation when they already had me hired, before I even came in for the interview.

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vapiano International (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Short with a a few questions, made you fill out an application which also included questions and your prior work experience, you may have to interview with two individuals. Casual would be fine for the dress code. Be yourself, it may be nerve racking at first. They ask questions regarding past work experience as well as education

Chef Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vapiano International.

Interview

Went in to talk to a manager and apply. Had a "test day" to see if we would fit together after speaking with the store owner. After the testing period we re-assessed and decided to move forward together. Then it's paperwork and such. You get a card and they enter you into the system. The paperwork is nothing difficult. Also there is a background check and you must pay for the uniforms.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the blue, though I didn't expect the "test day."   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vapiano International (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Hiring process was swift and brief only because they were rushing to hire people. The manager really didn't seem to care who they hired. You could literally walk in off the streets wearing rags but if you sounded confident enough then you were in .

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vapiano International (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

It was an easy application and interview process. They needed a lot of help which made the situation easier for me. It took merely two weeks to go through the interview process to be hired.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vapiano International (Washington, DC) in May 2019.

Interview

There was none. They were desperate for help and as soon as I sat down the GM asked me what my availability, what i knew of the company the position in when THEY needed ME for. The rest of our non-interview was of me asking them questions as if I were the one conducting the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?
      When can you start?
      Do you have any bartending experience?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vapiano International.

Interview

After the online Application I was contacted via Email by Vapiano's HR department to invite me to a personal interview. The interview was held by the respective department via telephone. General questions about my person, background as well as more specific ones such as my interest in the company and my strengths and weaknesses were asked.

Interview Questions

• What would your best friend describe as your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Innsbruck (Austria)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Vapiano International (Innsbruck (Austria)) in February 2017.

Interview

A short talk with the manager, in the office area, took up about 15 minutes.
    A tricky question about pay and the good thing is that you get the work uniform.

Chef Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Vapiano International.

Interview

The interview took place at the restaurant so rather loud surroundings but the manager was very friendly. From submitting my application via email it took about a week for me to get an invitation for an interview and another week to schedule it. The place was basically offered to me even before the interview so it was more like a relaxed get-to-know. During the interview we scheduled a trial shift for me after which I got to either accept or refuse the offer. Language of the entire interview was English.

Interview Questions

• What is your favourite food to cook?
      Can you work efficiently under pressure?
      What is your current life like and where do you see yourself in a few years time?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Vapiano International in September 2017.

Interview

one trial of 4 hours in which they show you how you should work there and 2 two interviews in different days with the managers in which they ask you some questions and show you the work details