Varian Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

3.2

Production Operator II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Varian (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Had an interview with manager and lead, did a test to prove my ability, was contacted the following week with offer..
    Excellent stamina from the receptionist at the front door to the lead, the hiring manager, the recruiter, all around fantastic company to work for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was given the option to either accept the offer or opt out, cut n dry

Interview

Interview was straightforward

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Varian (Pune (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Too much lengthy process.Got call from consultancy ,they took screening round followed by 1 round of telephonic round and than got call for face to face interview.

Telephonic round is about 1 hr ,very basic question going in deep for every concepts.
    Few puzzles
    Than almost 2 and half hours of face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Question are basic from oops and WCF service   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Varian (Melbourne (Australia)) in March 2013.

Interview

I was to attend 5 x meetings in various departments in the capacity of HR Mgr over a 4 hour period . Intention was to apply my skills, knowledge and expertise on actual work matters raised in these meetings and provide the advice/guidance/support. This was to ascertain my ability to communicate effectively and adapt to various mgt and staff to collectively try and find resolutions. Literally thrown in the deep end to enable mgt staff see my suitability and potential and gain own opinion and thoughts when assessing other candidates.

Interview Questions

• If I would be willing to attend set meetings for different departments to apply in practice what I had on my resume, into live work related situations.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Varian in November 2007.

Interview

The offer is quick after my on-site interview. Done in a day. But the pre-interview process is long as they hesistate to recruite a remote candidate in the first place.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

A relocation bonus.