Varian Medical Systems Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Varian Medical Systems Engineering Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Varian Medical Systems (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Positive, interviewed with 5 different people, 30 minute interviews. Mostly background questions about the classes I had taken and previous internships. Explained project I would be working on and asked for my input/ideas. Explained previous projects I had created and the process I took.

Interview Questions

• Background, about academic interests. Software/programming experience.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Varian Medical Systems

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Varian Medical Systems (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied about a month before they called me in to do an onsite interview. I was interview by three different people for the position, I am still waiting to be here back if i got the position or not. They told me they would call in the next 3-4 days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Varian Medical Systems (Chicago, IL) in July 2008.

Interview

Initial phone interview was with a Recruiter. We all know the rules about phone interviews (no smoking or eating; no background noises; etc) -- someone needs to tell the recruiter that they should also follow the same rules as it was clear that our meeting conflicted with his breakfast.

That being said, I had one face-to-face interview with the company. It was clear that I was very well qualified for the job -- almost exactly what the company was looking for. But instead of selling me on the job (convincing me that I was the right person) I got the perception that they thought I should just be happy even to get the interview. And when the offer was made "how dare I request time to think about it?"

Interview Questions

• Interviewer was asking questions that were testing my way of thinking -- he wanted to know if I could think logically. However, he had difficulty questions in a way that they were clear & understandable without giving away the answer.   1 Answer

Two reasons: 1) the Interviewer appeared uninterested in my qualifications / background. It was if he was simply trying to fill a slot - if I worked out then good; if not I could be replaced at a later date. 2) the company was not willing to be flexible on start date or location. If they are this demanding now what would they be like six months later??

Additionally, granted that our meeting was longer than planned (which usually is a good sign) but who pauses and takes a smoke break in the middle of an interview???