Varian Medical Systems Engineering Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Varian Medical Systems Engineering Project Manager Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Engineering Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Varian Medical Systems (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume through a friend. He gave it to the HR rep for Engineering who put it directly in the hiring manager's hands. One phone interview with the hiring manager and then a 1/2 day on site interview. I met with 6 people, the hiring manager, 2 functional managers, 1 fellow project manager, director of quality and the HR Rep.

Most interviewers were pretty easy and straightforward - actually most were not very prepared with questions or really understanding my resume. The director of quality was the opposite - she was very intense and had a list of questions which she rapid fired at me.

Interview Questions

• The hardest part of the interview was the rapid fire question session with the Dir of Quality. She had a list and just jumped from one thing to the next - it was an intense experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted their offer, but asked for them to double the signing bonus, which they did.