Varsity Tutors Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Varsity Tutors Director Interview Questions

Updated Nov 22, 2016

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Varsity Tutors (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Simple interview with very basic questions about how well I engaged with others. The recruiter pressed hard for details regarding how well I was compensated at previous employers. I provided a range that I was looking for with a low and high number, and could here her coke on the other side of the line. Apparently Varsity Tutors is only able to compensate at about 1/3rd of what I was currently bringing in, and just below 1/2 of what the market compensates at.

Interview Questions

• How do you relate to people?
    Why are you qualified for this position?
    What are your salary expectations?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Varsity Tutors

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Varsity Tutors.

Interview

My interview process was similar to many other posters. Upon application, I was contacted almost immediately and subjected to three interviews within a span of days. During each one, the interviewer gushed over my experience and abilities, indicating I could choose which of three available Director positions involving tutor recruitment, tutor management, or family management. Upon the third interview with the CEO Chuck (who pays no attention whatsoever to your answers and multitasks the entire time), I was advised I was a great match and would be contacted for final interview number four within two weeks. One month later, it still has not occurred.

Interview Questions

• No questions are difficult and actually are naive, textbook drawn from the internet, and not real world. "Why should we hire you?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Varsity Tutors (Tucson, AZ) in November 2009.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I was quickly contacted. I had an initial phone interview and a second phone interview with current directors. Next, I had an in-person interview with a different director. My final interview was in-person with the CEO. I was offered the position and started my new job shortly after.

Interview Questions

• Even though I had held a similar position to the one I was applying for, I was asked about other previous management positions too.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was made a very fair offer and did not need to negotiate.