Varsity Tutors Director of Tutoring Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Varsity Tutors Director of Tutoring Interview Questions

2.5

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Varsity Tutors (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Quick 20 minute interview. Sounded like interviewer was reading from a script and it was hard to develop rapport. I was told it she will send notes to the next interviewer and they will decide if I move on. I didn't think I got through next round because from other reviews on Glassdoor, it seemed like they would tell you upfront if you are moving on after the initial interview. I gave an overall positive experience because I thought the questions were fair. As the interview progressed, I didn't think I would be a good fit for the role given my experiences and background so it was good that it was short.

Interview Questions

• How would you relate to someone who needs a tutor, especially by phone? Salary expectations? Walk me through your resume.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Varsity Tutors

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

Interview

I received an email to schedule a time to speak to a recruiter. The recruiter had my resume and cover letter. The recruiter who I ended up speaking with didn't have access to any of my information and seemed confused by information I brought up. She didn't seem prepared, and I felt like she was meeting a quota.

Interview Questions

• Really wanted to know my salary expectations. They don't pay well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Varsity Tutors (Tampa, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

There were multiple interviews (5 or 6 in all) between phone calls and Skype for me to get to know the various aspects of the company and for the recruitment folks to ensure that I would be a good fit for the team I was joining. While a bit intimidating in number, I understand how it is necessary to ensure that only great people are hired for the full-time positions.

Interview Questions

• How did I believe my experience with teaching would help me in my position as a Director?   2 Answers

Director of Tutoring Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Varsity Tutors in July 2013.

Interview

I was contacted via email to schedule a phone interview after submitting my resume online. The 15 minute interview turned into almost an hour and the interviewer and I really seemed to hit it off. He told me that the next step was to submit his interview notes to HR, who would "rank" my answers. I was told I would be contacted either way, but never heard anything back, even after sending emails to follow up. I rearranged my time to interview at the interviewer's convenience, so I don't feel a quick regret letter type of email would have been too much to ask.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary expectations?   1 Answer

Director of Tutoring Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Varsity Tutors.

Interview

The first interview was fantastic, the director who interviewed me by phone was friendly and easy to talk to. He told me I did well and scheduled me to interview with the CEO the next day. Completely different experience - I couldn't tell if the CEO was multi-tasking or just unfriendly, or trying to intimidate me, but he definitely was not listening and it was hard to get a response from him. Not sure I would take the job if offered because it would be difficult to report to someone who does not have the time to listen to you.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary expectations?   1 Answer

Director of Tutoring Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Varsity Tutors in August 2014.

Interview

They arrange a interview for 20 minutes and in less than 4 minutes it was over. The person was like in rush and made 3 or 4 questions at the same time.