Vecna Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vecna Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.3

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vecna Technologies in June 2017.

Interview

Had 2 phone screens within a week. Both were extremely easy. In addition they had me do 3 trivial programming tasks. I explained to them that I had another offer coming and if they were serious about me they should move fast. I heard nothing for 2 weeks. I called and emailed but did not get a response. Fast forward another 2 weeks and they wanted "congratulate" me for making it into the next round of interviews... of course I had already taken the other offer.
    Moral of the story: their HR people are incompetent

QA Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vecna Technologies (Boston, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process starts with a java test which contains 3 java questions that needs to be corrected followed by a phone interview with the Hiring Manager. Questions were pretty simple and majorly based on resume.I was called for an onsite interview where I met the team and the director.I would say it was a smooth, easy going process.Got an offer the next day. :)

Interview Questions

• Approach to QA, few questions related to Selenium Webdrivers, situational questions, how will you test a disposable cup, whiteboarding   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vecna Technologies.

Interview

Original phone interview was pretty standard. I had to follow up/ track them down to get onsite scheduled at which point they asked for a 2.5 hour onsite. First one was rescheduled the morning of (interview was supposed to start at 8am they called me at 7). Rescheduled, was there for 2 hours. Then they informed me I'd have to submit a writing sample, integrity essay (whatever that is) and references. I declined to offer references until we were further in the process, at which point they said they wanted me to complete a full marketing plan for their technology and sample blogs (no more essay) over the weekend (was told on Friday it's due on Monday.) Submitted it, never heard anything. 2 weeks later I followed up to be told they "didn't realize no one followed up and they would by the end of the week". Still haven't heard back from them (3 more weeks). If you ask somebody for 2 hours of their time, a full marketing plan and homework assignments, a follow up (even a "no") would be the decent thing to do. They're either completely disorganized, wanted a free marketing plan, or very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Write an essay on integrity, write a sample blog, develop a marketing plan and give us your references before you know the salary.   Answer Question

Robotics Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vecna Technologies in February 2017.

Interview

I initially applied to Vecna through their company website. It took a couple of weeks to recieve a response from them. They attached three documents which had C++ codes in them. Basically they were 3 basic programming questions for which the code has to be modified and sent back to them. I was given 2 days of time to finish it. I finished it in a couple of hours since they were pretty basic questions. I did not receive a response from them even after shooting many follow up emails. After a long time I called the HR department of their office. They were reluctant and after a couple of days I received a straight reject. I'm pretty sure that even a beginner will be able to crack those questions in 2 days of time but I understood that there is a lacking of transparency in the process.

Robotics Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vecna Technologies.

Interview

emailed me three programming quizzes. They are three easy questions, sorting, string manipulation and algorithm improvement. get a phone interview after I submitted the codes about 1 week. The phone interview is about previous experiences in my resume. Many detailed questions. After 2 or 3 days, they said not fit for their job opening. I was preparing another interview at that time, that phone interview is not well prepared.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vecna Technologies (Cambridge, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

Absolutely terrible. I applied through the website. I got an email asking if I was available for a phonecall on a certain day. I wasn't available so I emailed back stating that date would not work and provided a list of dates and times that would be better. I didn't hear back. I had to email HR again and ask "Are we going to reschedule our call?" I did get a response to that. After a phonecall an on-site interview was set up.

The onsite interview went very well. I could tell that the interviewers were pleased with my answers. I had a great feeling about the position and the interview. After meeting with the manager and a couple of engineers I had another brief meeting with HR. She went over what the next steps would be and told me she'd be in touch.

I did not hear from them at all. Multiple emails and phonecalls went unanswered. If they decided to pursue other candidates I would have liked to have been told. I did not hear back at all. It was completely unprofessional and probably one of the worst interview experiences I've ever had. If they emailed me with an offer I would certainly decline. If this is how they treat prospective employees, I can only imagine how they treat their actual employees.

EDIT:
    More than a month after my on-site interview I got an automated email saying that I did great on the phonescreen and that they would like to set up an on-site interview. I emailed back saying I was confused, and that I already had my on-site interview and didn't know to what phonescreen the email was referring. A recruiter then emailed me back to say the automated message went out accidentally and that they found someone better suited for the position. I have no idea why it took over a month to receive that message, or when they found the person. I asked for interview feedback but so far I have not heard anything.

LEAST. PROFESSIONAL. INTERVIEW. EXPERIENCE. EVER.

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vecna Technologies.

Interview

It was a 5 hr process, where I met with 5 people; they didn't know where they wanted me or what role I would be in. Final meeting was with the owner of the company. I ended up as an engineer, not a research scientist

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to personally handle any inter-office conflicts?   1 Answer

Robotics Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vecna Technologies.

Interview

I applied for a Robotics Software Engineering position. the job description asked for proficiency in one of languages: C++, Python, or Java, and a High School Diploma or GED (which I felt was odd). I have nearly 10 years experience of programing for robots in C++ and Python, and a BS in engineering. I had never actually heard of someone programing low-level robotic behavior in Java - only interfaces - and I had no experience in it and did not list it on my resume. But the test I was given was in Java. I was given three relatively simple Java assignments. Java is similar enough to C++ that all I had to do was look up and learn some new syntax, but I know the code I submitted was not as 'pretty' or efficient as it would have been, had I been given the same problems for C++ or Python.

I received a "dear john" email shortly after submitting the test. Made me feel like Vecna's hiring process is a blind one. Like they don't bother reading an applicant's resume or cover letter before they begin to evaluate them, and adjust their evaluations to match. They would have had comparable tests in C++ and Python as well, and sent me both of those in place of the Java test. All-in-all, I was very unimpressed.

Interview Questions

• One of the test problems asked to count the number of time the word "dog" appeared in a string of text - and then asked why the problem was an ambiguous one.   1 Answer

Vecna Cares - Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vecna Technologies.

Interview

Had four rounds. First round was a java coding test that consisted of three coding questions. All the other interviews were based on resume and personal experiences. Second round was with a senior software engineer. Third with the program director and finally with the executive director of Vecna cares. All this took about 2-3 weeks. Never heard from the HR after that for weeks. It been 6+ weeks now. Every time I send the HR a follow up e-mail,l I get a standard reply saying that they are still conducting interviews. The HR is very dis-organize. Even they don't know at what level of the process you are in. One advice I would give is, if applying for Vecna always have a backup because they are un-reliable. I am very disappointed with the HR. I was lucky enough to have a back up job. The firm may be good, but the interview process is very very bad

Interview Questions

• First round was a java coding test that consisted of three coding questions. All the other interviews were based on resume and personal experiences.   Answer Question

Project Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vecna Technologies.

Interview

Very simple and easy. Everyone is extremely friendly there. Two in person interview, and a phone interview with my future manager. Shortly afterward I received an email notifying me that I received an offer and I have two weeks to confirm my position.