Vector Marketing Cutco Sales Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vector Marketing Cutco Sales Professional Interview Questions

1.8

Cutco Sales Professional Interview

Interview

The interview lasted for about an hour. They asked me to come to their office where I sat down with one of the student field managers for about 10 minutes and reviewed my resume. There were other people coming in to interview as well, so I had to wait for them to finish their personal interviews. When all the personal interviews were completed, all the applicants and the field manager joined for a group interview where he gave us the run-down of the company and asked us answers of what we would do in particular situations as a sales-rep. After the group interview was over, we were each called into the office individually where we had our original interviews. The field sales manager asked why I should get the job and I explained why. After, he offered me the job right on the spot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Vector Marketing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vector Marketing (Tampa, FL) in July 2011.

Interview

Quick to call and schedule interview. Clearly explained what to bring, location and how to prepare for interview. Friendly and informative during process. Included a demonstration of what to expect on the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you succeed in this business? What are the personal quailties you would bring/add to the experience?   Answer Question

Did not feel that sales were the right job placement for me.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vector Marketing (Santa Cruz, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

I was hired by my first district manager who had a slightly different approach to the business than my future DM's were. He worked for L.I.F.E., a MLM opportunity and used his Vector office to recruit for that position. This made my first few months in the business a little weird for me. He was, however, exceptionally inspiring and helped me with different issues like scheduling and setting goals. He also had a very educationally oriented office that was a fun environment to be in. The interview process was done originally in a group for the first Sales Rep position and then to be a CSP it was an application.

Interview Questions

• What are the top 5 things that you think would help change the business?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vector Marketing (Greensboro, NC) in January 2011.

Interview

Took several hours -- way too long. Very seedy company, with a fraudulent feel to it. Everything seemed too fake and very obscure, deceptive.

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vector Marketing (Northbrook, IL) in May 2009.

Interview

They call you in and ask you a few questions and hire you on the spot as long as you can smile.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation

Cutco Sales Professional Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vector Marketing in April 2011.

Interview

They put you through a 3-4 hour ordeal in which they present information and ask questions to determine if you were a) paying attention but more importantly b) to gauge your ability to process and use information that you are given to answer questions relatively quickly.
    They required a skill training process before work could begin that was not paid, but cost nothing to attend.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions were the one's which required you to process information from the presentations   1 Answer

Was deceived about what the company did, and what the position entailed. It's a bit of a scam akin to those MaryKay salespersons. Didn't require me to sign anything or purchase upon the interview, or acceptance. Assuming that would take place during or immediately post training

Cutco Sales Professional Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vector Marketing in June 2010.

Interview

First you sit in a room with a bunch of people and hear a presentation about their knives. They ask a few questions that you can voluntarily answer. Then you go in a room with one or two people where they told asked me a few very basic questions and then told me "my answers confirmed what they were already thinking about me." That was it. I got the job.

Interview Questions

It seemed shady and too good to be true.