Vedanta Resources Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Graduate Engineer Trainee

Vedanta Resources Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview Questions

Interviews at Vedanta Resources

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allahabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vedanta Resources (Allahabad (India)).

Interview

I applied through our college .
First an online test was taken for shortlisting . It was followed by GD . Then shortlisted candidates were called for interview .

Interview Questions

• 1. Why vedanta ?
    2. Kerns method for heat exchanger design
    3. Conditions for fire
    4. Basic questions from distillation   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Vedanta Resources

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vedanta Resources.

Interview

First an online computer based test and then a group discussion followed. Cleared the afore mentioned to sit for an interview. There was only one interview where they asked both mostly technical and a few HR type questions. Questions will come mostly from your area of interest.

Interview Questions

• Explain about your internship   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vedanta Resources (Chennai (India)) in January 2020.

Interview

Totally 4 rounds
    1. Online test (aptitude, logical, english)
    For this round study RS Agarwal book, practice sums, try to solve faster..
    2. Group discussion
    Be bold and aware with current affairs, be confident to crack this round.
    3. Technical interview
    Am from Ceramic background, so questions based on ceramics were asked
    4. Hr Round
    Prepare all basic HR questions and practice before appearing for the interview.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Interview

First, they took the Aptitude test followed by GD and then PI. The aptitude test was easy. We were divided into a group of 7 for GD. And each candidate was interviewed for 10-15 minutes.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vedanta Resources (New Delhi (India)) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied for this company through placement cell of my college. It took just 1 day for the complete process of selection.
    First there was a written test after that a group discussion round and personal interview round happened.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vedanta Resources (New Delhi (India)) in October 2018.

Interview

My recruitment process was through Placement cell in college. 1st, it was a written paper with 3 sections- English, Aptitude and Maths. Then, next day a GD took place and very last was the interview process.
    3 interviewers were present there. they asked me about my family background, about myself, and some behavioural questions. They asked me about my projects and some more technical questions. At the end, they asked me about the location constraints.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vedanta Resources (Vellore (India)) in October 2018.

Interview

first one was the shortlisting based on cgpa which was 8. After this, there was the written aptitude test which had three sections a total of 60 questions. Focus on time management. Followed by GD and then the final technical interview which was Resume based.

Interview Questions

• Internships and work experiences   1 Answer

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhubaneswar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vedanta Resources (Bhubaneswar (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

1. Aptitude (35ques, 45mins)
    2. GD (1 group of 10, 15mins)
    3. Tech & HR PI (max 15mins per candidate)

(On Campus Recruitment, 20th October,2017. The rounds started pretty much around the stipulated time i.e. around 10:00am.)

Note: We first had our offline aptitude test followed by the preplacement talk by one of the delegates onboard.

Aptitude

2 sets of questions.

35 ques, 45 mins.

Quant, Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation & Current Affairs(Gk)

A max of 4 ques from current affairs can be expected(we had 2 ques).

Difficulty- Easy to Average

Group Discussion

Recent topics to be touched.

We had 10 candidates in each GD.

Time -15 mins and 3 mins(at the beginning to assess the ideas about the topic)

They seek candidates with very good communication skills with knowledge on basic GD etiquettes.

Difficulty- Varies as per person based on understanding of subject.

Tech & HR PI

Most important round.

Technical questions mostly based on industrial trainings & internships done and mentioned in the CV/resume.

Mechanical, Civil, Metallurgy and Electrical candidates can expect questions from their branch papers related to processes and systems at Vedanta.

The CV/Resume and portfolio should be well prepared with only vital information and facts one can provide knowledge of.

Communication skills and rapport must be well looked after.

Basic HR questions can be expected.

The interview can last for 15 mins max.(I had it done in an approx of 7–8 mins)

Difficulty- High.

The Call Letter was handed over to the selected candidates.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Agartala (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vedanta Resources (Agartala (India)) in December 2017.

Interview

The whole process took nearly 10 hours.
    Selection basis was not up to the mark.
    They were in hurry.
    Group discussion was only for 3 min for 12 people.
    I can't imagine how 12 people can raise their voices in no time.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vedanta Resources.

Interview

Was called for the interview at their plant. Went through a technical round, followed by aptitude test. After clearing the test, we were taken from a group discussion and then finally for one to one interaction. The interaction was initially with the technical manager and then by the HR head.