Veeco Instruments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 12, 2017

2.9

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Assembler Interview

Interview

Had an comfrimed on site interview with the production manager on 6-16-17.The interview went very well, haven't heard from him yet. Salary per hour was mentioned during the interview. Felt a little personal about it, since I had a phone interview first. The salary was already discussed first, and I was in the price range for the position to go the next level for the interview. Maybe he felt that I was asking for to much.

Interview Questions

• How is your assembly work qualities ?   1 Answer
    • Are you capable to train for 4 month's in long Island?   1 Answer
    • when can you start work?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Interview

Met with 3 people. Each talked about their role and experience in the company. It was very relaxed. They gave a thorough tour and explained day to day operations and the different departments a candidate might be involved with.

Process Engineer Interview Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Veeco Instruments in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online; contacted about two weeks later. Phone interview with HR then hiring manager. Onsite interview 3 weeks later. Very nice people and pretty informal interview process. Met various people in company, toured facility, etc. Interview was about half a day.

Contacted by HR a day after and told there should be a decision in a week or two. No response so I assume no interest. Six weeks later I get an email from HR asking if I'm still interested. Well, OK. Talk some more on phone with HR and manager and I am told they want to make an offer. They ask for references, I supply them and then no further contact.

Very nice people at company but really unorganized/unprofessional process in hiring.

Interview Questions

• No specific questions during interview, just asked about experience, etc.   Answer Question

Veeco Instruments Response

Oct 26, 2015 – Executive Recruiter

Thanks for your time providing feedback on your interview experience with Veeco. We take candidate experience seriously and want to use this feedback to improve. If you'd like to share more directly... More

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainview, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Veeco Instruments (Plainview, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

there were 6 different people who took interview on 1 on 1 basis

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainview, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Veeco Instruments (Plainview, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

Interview was good. Very nice people to talk to on the phone. Travel arrangements were done quickly and rapidly. The interview process onsite consisted of 1-1 interviews with people from the department. A lot of technical questions were asked; challenging fundamentals and problem solving. Ideas revolved around past experience. A lot of them were specific to the job, but they weren't grilling you. The teams wanted to understand how much did I know about the field/job

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about yourself & how does your background match the position? What skills do you bring to the table?   Answer Question
    • A lot of questions were related to the position/CVD/PVD experience etc   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainview, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Veeco Instruments (Plainview, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

It's about CVD process engineer. First is a phone interview with the group manager, asked about CVD growth experience. Then it's onsite interview, for a whole day. About 8 1:1interview, mostly based on resume. The group manager ask more about academic research (graphene). There's a lunch interview with a director. at the end it's a presentation. It takes a whole day, very exhausting.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Veeco Instruments (Somerset, NJ) in May 2011.

Interview

Very nice company, good benefit.
    1:1 meeting without presentation.
    Total 6 people including engineer and, HR and manager.
    Unforutnately, I didn't get offer.

Interview Questions

• what's your weakness?   1 Answer
    • commerical product development experiences   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Veeco Instruments (Somerset, NJ) in March 2011.

Interview

The interviewers were all very friendly and I didn't get the job because I was not a good fit for the job.

Overall good people, good technology- would love to interview again.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Veeco Instruments (Lowell, MA) in October 2010.

Interview

I was first welcomed by the receptionist. Next someone from HR made me feel welcome. I waited for a while then had a one on one interview with the Director of Operations. Then I had a phone interview with the Director of Facilities. I was supposed to have an interview with the Director of HR but he was unavailable. I met one more time with the Director of Operations and that was it.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Veeco Instruments (Santa Barbara, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

i got a call from the hr dept and arranged a telephonic with the hiring manager, many questions on my background and experience was asked. then was asked for an onsite interview and flew to santa barbara .there i was interviewed by 5 engineers and under whom i was goin to work and they asked technical questions and had all 1:1 with them.then had the tour of the company and flew back. still no response from them and i had called them and asked but they said they are interviewing and the process is on.