Veeco Instruments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Veeco Instruments Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.7

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Interview

Met with 3 people. Each talked about their role and experience in the company. It was very relaxed. They gave a thorough tour and explained day to day operations and the different departments a candidate might be involved with.

Senior Assembler Interview

Interview

Had an comfrimed on site interview with the production manager on 6-16-17.The interview went very well, haven't heard from him yet. Salary per hour was mentioned during the interview. Felt a little personal about it, since I had a phone interview first. The salary was already discussed first, and I was in the price range for the position to go the next level for the interview. Maybe he felt that I was asking for to much.

Interview Questions

• How is your assembly work qualities ?   1 Answer
    • Are you capable to train for 4 month's in long Island?   1 Answer
    • when can you start work?   1 Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Veeco Instruments (Santa Barbara, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Was initially contacted by the recruiter then senior manager then the manager.
    Questions like why you want this position?
    What languages do you speak?
    Are you familiar with Microsoft office, with computer networking?
    Talk about yourself and your previous experience?
    What kind of AFMs have you used in the past? Is there any Veeco AFM among those?
    Can you install and troubleshoot an AFM?
    How do you see yourself in 2-5 years from now?
    Describe your typical day?
    Are you willing to travel frequently and at short notice?
    Can you handle too much travel?
    Do you have any questions for us?

Interview Questions

• According to your resume, you've got a great background; why you want this position? (He meant to say that I'm overqualified)   Answer Question

R&D Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Veeco Instruments.

Interview

Multiple touch points with too many people inside and outside of HR. Leaders cancelling and late for interviews. Office was messy and looked like it was from 1995, but the people were nice.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were hard   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Veeco Instruments (Lowell, MA) in October 2010.

Interview

I was first welcomed by the receptionist. Next someone from HR made me feel welcome. I waited for a while then had a one on one interview with the Director of Operations. Then I had a phone interview with the Director of Facilities. I was supposed to have an interview with the Director of HR but he was unavailable. I met one more time with the Director of Operations and that was it.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Veeco Instruments (Somerset, NJ) in May 2011.

Interview

Very nice company, good benefit.
    1:1 meeting without presentation.
    Total 6 people including engineer and, HR and manager.
    Unforutnately, I didn't get offer.

Interview Questions

• what's your weakness?   1 Answer
    • commerical product development experiences   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plainview, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Veeco Instruments (Plainview, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

If you are called in for an interview you have to go to their site in Plainview for approximately four hours. There you will meet with Human Resources and several people from the departments that you are related to (i.e. if you are an electrical engineer you will meet an EE and if you have mechanical background too you will also meet an ME). They will go through your resume and then just talk to you, barely asking any technical questions. You will also get to go to the clean room and look around at the tools that they manufacture.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Do not place a number down in the form that asks how much you would like to get pay. It doesn't hurt to ask for more money. They are very stubborn in this aspect though

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Veeco Instruments (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)).

Interview

The interview was quite simple with just 2 rounds, then negotiate for packages, everything is simple and smooth.

Negotiation

I asked for a quite good package and they cut to a lower level then I agreed.

Characterization Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Veeco Instruments (Somerset, NJ) in July 2011.

Interview

I was first interviewed over the phone by hiring manager. It took about 45 mins and he all he asked were technical questions. Then about two week later I had the onsite interview. It was a panel interview and lasted for about 1.5 hour. Most of the questions were technical questions and were not difficult.

Process Engineer Interview Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Veeco Instruments in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online; contacted about two weeks later. Phone interview with HR then hiring manager. Onsite interview 3 weeks later. Very nice people and pretty informal interview process. Met various people in company, toured facility, etc. Interview was about half a day.

Contacted by HR a day after and told there should be a decision in a week or two. No response so I assume no interest. Six weeks later I get an email from HR asking if I'm still interested. Well, OK. Talk some more on phone with HR and manager and I am told they want to make an offer. They ask for references, I supply them and then no further contact.

Very nice people at company but really unorganized/unprofessional process in hiring.

Interview Questions

• No specific questions during interview, just asked about experience, etc.   Answer Question

Veeco Instruments Response

Oct 26, 2015 – Executive Recruiter

Thanks for your time providing feedback on your interview experience with Veeco. We take candidate experience seriously and want to use this feedback to improve. If you'd like to share more directly... More