Venquis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 30, 2017

2.9

First Stage Internal Recruiter Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Venquis (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Very relaxed and easy interview with the internal recruiter
    Didn't ask too many questions about experience and previous work. Went through CV history and asked what I liked and didn't like about previous roles. Asked quite a lot of personal questions about how big my family is, what my boyfriend does, what my parents do, do I see my family often etc

Very informative answers to my questions. Really good vision for growth and development of the company

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Venquis (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Very informative, gave me a great insight into the business and what working at Venquis would be like. Got to meet range of people from talent manager through to MD.

Interview Questions

• What are more aspirations   Answer Question
    • Provide examples of how I dealt with difficult situations   1 Answer

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Venquis (London, England (UK)).

Interview

1st phone call. Onlnine test for dummies! 2nd phone call. 1st meeting face to face, 2nd meeting face to face. Took 3 weeks, whilst other companies were more efficient and took 4 days! they asked some personal questions about family members and friends which I thought was a little out of place.

Interview Questions

• What does your boyfriend do (bit personal?!)?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Venquis (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Had an interview with the CEO initially then the talent acquisition consultant. The company on the whole seem a credible employer and would recommend working for the company based on my interviews and viewing of the office. I don't have experience in their sector at the moment and my salary expectations were a little higher than on offer, not to say that their structure isn't healthy. I may reapply in future. They seem to have a good structure and team.

Interview Questions

• Billing history
      Why I am changing roles
      What motivates me
      What interests me
      What I liked about the company   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Venquis (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First stage face to face set up by a rec2rec. The first part of the interview gave infromation about the company, and A LOT of detail of the lengthy interview process which was helpful. Very very old school feel, felt like the interviewer was trying to catch me out/keep me on my toes, but that could have just been their interview style. As you can see below, some of the questions the first interviewer asked were quite strange and I felt a bit uncomfortable. The second interviewer was a lot softer. I was invited back for a second stage but didn't attend.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Venquis (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Negative - right from the start. I was contacted by the internal recruiter who initiated a first stage interview for the very same day. Great, I thought! How efficient. This, I was very wrong about. I came in to see her and spent about 40 minutes speaking about fairly irrelevant things. Their office was also quite messy / dirty. I didn't meet any of the actual Hiring Managers or Consultants which was irritating as it was clear to see she knew nothing about specific sectors and even little about recruitment as a whole. It was actually a very positive interview, I knew I had soared through it and built rapport (I just didn't like their strategy and questioned their 4/5 stage process inc an online test). A bit much for a recruitment firm?

Nevertheless, I waited patiently for a call back. Imagine my shock and dismay when this didn't arrive. One, two or even a week later. Bearing in mind, I didn't apply for a role and I was approached about it. Anyway, the call came ten days later and in that time they had apparently interviewed another candidates with more experience. What confused me was the fact I had called twice in the ten days enquiring about feedback and was fobbed off each time then of course, a more experienced candidate.

I wouldn't interview here. The process is a mess.

Interview Questions

• What do your friends do? Really, you have to ask yourself how this is relevant to the role at hand because if you asked that question, I'm sure they'd ask the same.
      The internal recruiter swore about three times but inbetween that, asked very basic questions. Tell me about your last role, describe yourself, why recruitment, etc.   1 Answer

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Interview

Aggressive, unprofessional, trying to get under your skin from the start. Waste of time on both sides, my cv was not what they were looking for so why bring me in in the first place?

Internal Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Venquis (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Very positive experience, was awesome to talk directly to the CEO and HR. They were both very friendly. Awesome conversations. Barnaby the CEO is a great and was very friendly

Interview Questions

• Standard procedure, but what I like was that they also want to know personality in a genuine way. You will be asked to tell a bit about yourself and how you solved challenges you faced in the past   Answer Question

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Venquis (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I had a 10 hour interview day. Which I believe were extremely uncomfortable.
    The staff look you up and down and judge you on your appearance.
    They have no expression or emotions when talking you you. And make you feel useless and unimportant.

They interviewed 40 candidates. We got mislead believing that 10 people would be brought on board. Although only one person got brought on board.

Very shallow, judgemental company. Had no real goal for office expansions or growth. I would not work for this company.

Interview Questions

• Very personal questions- what does your partner do   1 Answer

Venquis Response

Feb 25, 2016 – Marketing Exec

Dear Kirsty, thank you for attending the assessment day and I am sorry that you weren’t successful. As you hopefully gathered the morning of assessments were intended to identify the relevant... More

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Venquis (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Initial aptitude test to be completed before face to face interview. Met with two team heads for about half an hour each. Final interview was a presentation on the company to the directors and the head of the team you'd be joining if successful, followed by an hour-long interview - 30 minutes with the MD and 30 minutes with the CEO.

Interview Questions

• Why recruitment?
      What are your short and long term goals?
      What would the three people closest to you say are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation

My rec2rec negotiated the offer. Having other offers on the table gives you greater leverage to negotiate a higher base salary.