Venquis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Venquis Interview Questions

2.9

Internal Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Venquis (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Very positive experience, was awesome to talk directly to the CEO and HR. They were both very friendly. Awesome conversations. Barnaby the CEO is a great and was very friendly

Interview Questions

• Standard procedure, but what I like was that they also want to know personality in a genuine way. You will be asked to tell a bit about yourself and how you solved challenges you faced in the past   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Venquis in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was set up the day before by a recruiter. During the interview itself, the CEO managed to get under my skin with the traditional round the corner questions to make me open up about my weaknesses. I felt very antagonised and wouldn't ever have considered Venquis an option (with the luxury of already having a job offer going into the interview),

In the end I felt like he had wasted both of our time - unsurprisingly I got no offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any friends? What would they say about you? What advice would they give you?   1 Answer

Venquis Response

Jan 27, 2015 – CEO

I'm sorry that you felt that you'd wasted your time.
    We deliberately aren't an easy company to join and we invest a lot of time and effort insuring that we hire the right people (and its true that... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Venquis (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Had an interview with the CEO initially then the talent acquisition consultant. The company on the whole seem a credible employer and would recommend working for the company based on my interviews and viewing of the office. I don't have experience in their sector at the moment and my salary expectations were a little higher than on offer, not to say that their structure isn't healthy. I may reapply in future. They seem to have a good structure and team.

Interview Questions

• Billing history
      Why I am changing roles
      What motivates me
      What interests me
      What I liked about the company   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Venquis (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Negative - right from the start. I was contacted by the internal recruiter who initiated a first stage interview for the very same day. Great, I thought! How efficient. This, I was very wrong about. I came in to see her and spent about 40 minutes speaking about fairly irrelevant things. Their office was also quite messy / dirty. I didn't meet any of the actual Hiring Managers or Consultants which was irritating as it was clear to see she knew nothing about specific sectors and even little about recruitment as a whole. It was actually a very positive interview, I knew I had soared through it and built rapport (I just didn't like their strategy and questioned their 4/5 stage process inc an online test). A bit much for a recruitment firm?

Nevertheless, I waited patiently for a call back. Imagine my shock and dismay when this didn't arrive. One, two or even a week later. Bearing in mind, I didn't apply for a role and I was approached about it. Anyway, the call came ten days later and in that time they had apparently interviewed another candidates with more experience. What confused me was the fact I had called twice in the ten days enquiring about feedback and was fobbed off each time then of course, a more experienced candidate.

I wouldn't interview here. The process is a mess.

Interview Questions

• What do your friends do? Really, you have to ask yourself how this is relevant to the role at hand because if you asked that question, I'm sure they'd ask the same.
      The internal recruiter swore about three times but inbetween that, asked very basic questions. Tell me about your last role, describe yourself, why recruitment, etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Venquis (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First stage face to face set up by a rec2rec. The first part of the interview gave infromation about the company, and A LOT of detail of the lengthy interview process which was helpful. Very very old school feel, felt like the interviewer was trying to catch me out/keep me on my toes, but that could have just been their interview style. As you can see below, some of the questions the first interviewer asked were quite strange and I felt a bit uncomfortable. The second interviewer was a lot softer. I was invited back for a second stage but didn't attend.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Venquis (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Very informative, gave me a great insight into the business and what working at Venquis would be like. Got to meet range of people from talent manager through to MD.

Interview Questions

• What are more aspirations   Answer Question
    • Provide examples of how I dealt with difficult situations   1 Answer

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Interview

Aggressive, unprofessional, trying to get under your skin from the start. Waste of time on both sides, my cv was not what they were looking for so why bring me in in the first place?

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Casual coffee first of all, followed by more formal interview in the office and finally an informal pint in the pub with the team leader. At no time was undue pressure put on me, unreasonable time constraints put on the process or was I left without an update. Great process.

Venquis Response

Jan 27, 2015 – CEO

Thanks for the feedback. A high proportion of experienced recruiters who join us begin the process with a coffee, beer or glass of wine. We're always happy to have an informal chat about what we do... More

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Venquis.

Interview

Differnet to other companies. They asked all about my friends, my family- how they would describe me and which ones they should hire. Quite personal but I had nothing to hide so I disclosed all. Seem to work anyway as the manager offered me in the meeting behind director's back!

Interview Questions

• They asked all about my friends, my family- how they would describe me. Quite personal!   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Venquis (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

Inspiring and Challenging. Gained a great insight into the culture of the company, the growth plans and a real understanding of the role. I felt they gave me a true insight into recruitment and not just a sales pitch. The interview was challenging, lots of questions that require thinking. Enjoyed it, shows they care who they hire.

Interview Questions

• Role based and focus on future progression, ambition and achievements.   Answer Question