Ventana Medical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ventana Medical Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2017

3.2

Senior Bio Statistician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ventana Medical.

Interview

I applied online. The recruiter contacted me 3 weeks later to schedule a phone screen. General and a couple of technical questions were asked such as why do you want to apply, tell me about yourself, do you have specific experience in such and such. I could hardly hear the recruiter as the white noise was so loud.

Nowadays It was little surprising a big company does not use a digital phone to conduct interview. The posting for the position is way too general with only 2-3 lines of requirements, but in reality they are looking for candidates with specific experience. The posting should be more specific, so candidates can decide whether to send in application after seeing it.

It also appears that there are quite a number of H1B holders working for the biostatistics division at this organization.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to apply, tell me about yourself, do you have specific analysis experience (i.e. related to the type of data for their devices).   Answer Question

Quantitative Imaging Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ventana Medical in November 2015.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews on the phone. The 1st was HR, the 2nd was project manager. They were nice to talk with. The 1st round is more like a chat, relaxed and friendly. The 2nd round was more technical.

Interview Questions

• Could you go through your research experience?   1 Answer

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Ventana Medical (Tucson, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

I received an email from hiring manager to arrange a phone interview. He explained the hiring process and asked about my current job and experiences. 4-5 days later HR called me and asked the routine questions. A week later they schedules an intense video interview which lasted 3 hours. The last step was to fly me to AZ for onsite interview which was short and sweet!

Interview Questions

• Routine behavioral and technical questions; no surprises!   Answer Question

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oro Valley, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ventana Medical (Oro Valley, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a call within days. A phone interview was set up with two of the managers where questions were asked from both sides. The next day I was asked to come out for an onsite interview. Two weeks later I arrived and had interviews with several managers and engineers. I was also asked to give a presentation about my work history and education as well as show examples of technical projects.

Interview Questions

• Describe work experience that would be applicable to the position.   Answer Question

Systems Integration Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ventana Medical in February 2015.

Interview

Online Process. I applied in November and received a call in Feb. The process took 10 days. It involved 3 persons. They kept me comfortable throughout the interview process.

Interview Questions

• It was based on the resume. The interview lasted for 30 min.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ventana Medical (Tucson, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone panel interview led to contract job offer! The process was rather fast, but the B/G check took a few weeks. There were several questions asked, but these were of the critical thinking nature. They seemed easy, even humorous, but require some critical thinking to arrive an an answer or a series of answers! Advice: Don't try to give fast, rehearsed, canned answers. Take your time and think for a few seconds and formulate your answer. Also, it is preferred to ask questions before you answer! Good luck!

Interview Questions

• There were several questions asked, but these were of the critical thinking nature. They seemed easy, even humorous, but require some critical thinking to arrive an an answer or a series of answers! Advice: Don't try to give fast, rehearsed, canned answers. Take your time and think for a few seconds and formulate your answer. Also, it is preferred to ask questions before you answer! Good luck!   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was mostly handled through the staffing agency. Before accepting the interview, I was presented with job function, title, pay, hours, location and duration. Once I agreed to these terms, I proceeded to the interviewing process. It was just that simple and no need to negotiate further.

Service Technician I Interview

Interview

Lengthy process but well organized and comfortable during all phases. I was an external candidate in competition with internal candidates but I believe a sincere effort was made to treat my application with equal weight.

It is a multi week selection process which is a bit trying however I have only positive feelings for the staff and company even after I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• if you could go back and correct one decision or action you made during your last position/employment, what would it be?   Answer Question

HRIS Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ventana Medical.

Interview

Normal pre-screening phone processes followed by interview on phone with 2 managers since I was in different state. Then flew me from FL to AZ for face to face panel interview with co workers and then managment offered position within hour.

Interview Questions

• Typical STAR interview questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

On phone on my way back to airport. Half hour.

Clinical Affairs Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ventana Medical (Tucson, AZ) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was great. The managers and employees I was going to be working with asked great questions, and there were no surprises when I started. I had one phone interview, one on site interview, and I got a call saying that I got the job.

I should add that I've never been to an in-person interview where I didn't get an offer. Not sure if that has to do with my experience or the rarity of my skillset, but this interview wasn't any different than the other ones that I had been on. It was funny though, they tried to ask what some people would consider difficult questions, but I answered them right away and they were impressed by that.

Here's a funny part. One of the people for the group interview didn't have any questions for me. So I went full Travolta from Pulp Fiction and said, "You GOT TO have a question" in a joking tone. Everyone laughed, and she said something like "okay, okay, umm, well, how many times have you done X types of projects?" It was a softball question, but it lightened the mood and was a good segue into wrapping the interview up on a high note.

Interview Questions

• Industry standard questions, how I worked on a team, what kind of management I was use to, things like that.   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ventana Medical (Tucson, AZ) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone interview which lasted about an 45 mins .The interviewer focused on the skills I mentioned on my resume and they carefully examine the specifics that are needed for the position.You are asked to elaborate on the projects that you accomplished and question you on that to make sure you know the basics right.

Interview Questions

• How good are you at multi-tasking as this position will require you to work sometimes collaboratively with different groups   Answer Question