Venterra Realty Assistant Property Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Venterra Realty Assistant Property Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Venterra Realty

2.9

Assistant Property Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Venterra Realty.

Interview

Applied online first. Took a basic-knowledge test online, and submitted resume. Received an e-mail from the recruiting manager in Houston, TX and set up a Skype interview time. Skype interview lasted about 20 minutes, and the questions were not all that difficult. The most difficult question I was asked was whether or not my own single-family residential homes (that I manage) would be a conflict of interest.
About a week later, I had an interview with the property manager for the location I was applying for. When I arrived, I took a 15 minute basic-knowledge test, completed a job application, and met with the property manager. Interview was a little over an hour long, and consisted of fairly basic questions- mostly concerning previous jobs, experience, and personality type questions.
The property manager asked me if I could meet with another person immediately to conduct a second-opinion interview, to which I said yes. These questions were mostly concerned with personality and experience gained from previous experiences. Again, nothing too difficult or personal.
Overall, I had a great experience. The entire process (beginning with an online application) took a little over two weeks.
Currently waiting on the background check to go through. When it finally does, I will have a phone interview with the regional manager from Houston, as all new-hires must be approved. After conducting this interview, they told me I will be brought in for a drug test as the final step.

Interview Questions

• Are your personal residential rent houses a conflict of interest to the position you are applying for?

What was the most difficult thing you had to do in your previous job?   Answer Question

Mar 2, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks so much for taking a moment to share your experiences. We're glad to hear that our recruiting process was in line with your expectations and the journey has been a positive one for you... More

Other Interview Reviews for Venterra Realty

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Venterra Realty (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

I filled out my application online and was contacted by recruiting very quickly! After a Skype interview with recruiting I had 3 more interviews with three different people, 1 in person & the other two over the phone! They're very in depth with the interview process, but it just goes to show you that as a company they're very thorough!

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions that have to do with my position as far as accounting & what my previous duties had been at my previous employment. Also things like, "what could you bring to the company" and my skills as well as things I needed to work on.   1 Answer

Feb 23, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for your review! We're so glad that your experience was positive. Thank you also for your patience through the recruiting process. It's definitely fairly in depth to make sure that we are... More

Assistant Property Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Venterra Realty.

Interview

Following online application, I received email from a recruiter. We scheduled an interview via Skype for a time convenient to me to discuss the position. It was brief but allowed me the opportunity to present myself and my experience in the industry.

At the end of the Skype interview I was told that the recruiter would be passing my information on to the property manager who would schedule an interview. Within 3 days I received contact from the recruiter who schedule the interview onsite.

Upon arrival at the community I was greeted and asked to take a timed test (personality and logic) to determine if I would be a good fit with the existing management team. After a short wait I met with the manager who asked a series of questions from a company prepared script.

Following the interview I was told that there were other candidates for this position and I would be contacted for another interview or to let me know the position had been filled.

I have not been contacted to date, it has been more than 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Positive/negative customer service experience story.
      What would my current supervisor say my best qualities are.
      Describe specific skills related to this position.   Answer Question

Mar 24, 2015 – Recruiting/Brand Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. We're sorry to hear that you had not been contacted regarding the position following your onsite interview. It's our goal to provide our... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Venterra Realty (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

I feel that my Interview went really well with Eastin, he made me feel very comfortable while speaking with him and he also provided detail information as well, i feel that he's very nice and anyone that interviews with him will feel the way i did.

Interview Questions

• He asked me what made me want to join Venterra Realty.   1 Answer
    • I was told that i should here from someone within a couple of days, i am hoping and praying that i get the job.   1 Answer

Jun 15, 2015 – Recruiting/Brand Specialist, Experience Leader

Your feedback is much appreciated! We love hearing that your experience has been comfortable and positive so far. Best of luck to you with any and all additional steps with us! If you do have any... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Venterra Realty (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

I am at the beginning of the interview process. I applied online and then I received a Skype Interview with Eastin. After doing my own homework I felt this company could be a good fit for me. After speaking with Eastin I knew I made the right choice in applying with this company. Just going through the interview process you learn so much from the Facebook pages to the reviews. It is so much information on the internet to give you a solid idea of the type of company Venterra Realty is. Hands down so far they are doing a great job according to the reviews from Residents as well as employees.

Interviewing via Skype with Eastin was great. He made it very easy to get familiar with the company through his eyes and he listened when I was talking about my experiences and accomplishments. He ask questions, took notes and interacted as though we were sitting right in front of each other. Even though i am at the beginning stages I am looking forward to the rest of the process.

If I am not the candidate they chose I will ask for them to keep my application on file for future openings because this is a company I would like to become a part of.

Interview Questions

• Eastin asked me to give a example of a time I went above and beyond for a resident.   1 Answer

Jun 15, 2015 – Recruiting/Brand Specialist, Experience Leader

Thanks so much for providing the details of your candidate experience so far! We love hearing that the initial experience with us was positive and that you feel like we're the company for you based... More

Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Venterra Realty (Conroe, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was relatively smooth. The interviewing staff was professional and precise with their questions and request. Next step processes were explained in detail and took place with no complications.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions were the situational questions.   Answer Question

May 15, 2015 – Recruiting/Brand Specialist, Experience Leader

Thanks for your review! It's great hearing that the interview process with us went smoothly and was professional for you. We're excited that you'll be joining the team and are looking forward to our... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Venterra Realty (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I had a skype interview which went great. Then I met with the apartment manager. Had good interviews with both people I met with. Everyone was very nice and made the process very easy. Unfortunately I didn't have the experience they were looking for but still hope to work for this company one day in the future.

Interview Questions

Venterra Realty Response

May 26, 2015 – Recruiting/Brand Specialist, Experience Leader

We appreciated your taking the time to share your experiences here! We're glad to hear that your interview experience went smoothly overall and we'd love to hear from you again in the future if you... More

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Venterra Realty (Houston, TX).

Interview

Lack of urgency between recruiting to property. Property manager stated the recruiter failed to send resume with application so I emailed to her. Once on the team I noticed every manager had their own questions but constistant with test. Some managers challenge applicant based on their needs.

Interview Questions

Venterra Realty Response

Aug 4, 2016 – Venterra Recruiting Department

Thank you for your time and efforts in moving through the interview process with us and for taking a moment to share your experience here! We're happy to have you join the team and are glad to hear... More

Assistant Property Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Venterra Realty in January 2015.

Interview

After my application was sent, I was contacted rather quickly. I spoke with the Recruitment Manager through Skype, who mentioned that the position I was applying for, which was Assistant Property Manager, may turn into a Leasing Consultant position. The company "promise" states that they strive to promote from within, which made me wonder why they had posted the advertisement in the first place if they were considering promoting someone. I continued on in the process and was contacted by the Property Manager to interview with her. On the day of my interview, I took that assessment test that everyone talked about. There were 40 questions to be answered in 15 minutes. In my humble opinion, it was completely unnecessary. There was nothing related to the position and potentially discriminatory, with no bearing on the qualifications of the candidate. After the assessment test was completed, I had expected to go into her office, but she led me to a public space. I felt uncomfortable as there were other people present and passersby, too. There was no privacy. She immediately told me that the Assistant Manager position had already been filled and the candidate was promoted from within. I had also been informed that the new Leasing Consultant position was at another one of their properties and not the one that was advertised. There seems to be a huge disconnect between whoever posted the ad and the actual hiring process. At the end of the 2 1/2-hour interview, I was told the other Property Manager would be in contact. That never happened. I've been interviewed many times and never have I been through an experience like this. And if the interviewer has also conducted several interviews, they should be capable enough to read someone very well. There is no need for a test. There is no need to talk about a candidate's childhood or other confidential aspects of their lives in public. There is no need to drag an interview out for 2 1/2 hours as that is the candidate's time that they can't get back. What should matter is the candidate's professional background, their skills and what they can bring to the table. All of this can be assessed in a matter of minutes. I also felt very, very misled. I had applied for Assistant Property Manager and not for Leasing Consultant. If the company clearly highlights the fact that they strive to promote from within, then why was the position advertised on a public website? It should've been advertised within the company first. If they aren't able to promote someone, then they should seek outside candidates. What was also unfair was that I was interviewed by someone who wasn't even the Property Manager of the complex where the job opening was located. The Property Manager said I was qualified, but I wasn't even given the opportunity to interview with the actual hiring Property Manager. It was very obvious to me that their decision to hire not only an Assistant Property Manager, but also a Leasing Consultant had already been made prior to the ad.

Interview Questions

Venterra Realty Response

Jan 6, 2016 – Venterra Recruiting Department

We appreciate your taking the time to provide a review, but are so sorry about your negative interview experience with us. We'd like to take the opportunity to address several of your concerns here... More