Ventura Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ventura Foods (Ontario, CA).

Interview

I went through a temp agency that is no longer in service, unfortunately. Now I just need to fill in this extra space so I can submit this review lol

Interview Questions

• Basic warehouse questions about labeling, picking, packing etc just to understand your level of warehouse experience   Answer Question

QA Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ventura Foods (Waukesha, WI).

Interview

Quick, to the point. Wanted to know about experience and previous equipment i worked with. They wanted to know if i dealt with wet titration. Very friendly. Asked the typical questions and gave a short tour

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midwest City, OK

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Ventura Foods (Midwest City, OK) in May 2016.

Interview

In person interview arranged by third party. Met manager I would be reporting to in person. Was the first time I had spoken to someone. Questions in the interview led me to believe the job I was interviewing for wasn't the job that I had been described. I ultimately took myself out of the running.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my current employer and state of their business.   1 Answer

QA Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ventura Foods (Ontario, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview was very comfortable in setting. Friendly staff and very honest when it came to benefits. A entry qualification quiz was issued with a time limit of one hour. The quiz was quite difficult in nature. So a study guide was given to review and retake the quiz when ready.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach this situation?   1 Answer

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ventura Foods (Leeds, AL) in June 2015.

Interview

Very professional people,paperwork first then department head asking questions looking for the right answers.told me everything about the job ,even the small details.they explained everything they expect from you and how they expect it to play out. Went over pay hours insurance and company policy's, and then went to hr

Production Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Joseph, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Ventura Foods (Saint Joseph, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a call a few days later to schedule an interview.

I got there 10 minutes early. Signed in and sat down only to wait twenty minutes after the scheduled time until I was finally told I could head back.

There were two people in the room. They both were friendly and good with conversation. Asked basic behavioral questions but a few of them seemed a bit redundant. This lasted about 25 minutes or so. I was told I would be contacted a week later with an update.

I sent a thank you email to one of the HR people, but never received a reply. I didn't expect to get one, but it would have been nice to at least get the call I was told I would get a week later.

All in all, decent interview, but I wouldn't work for this company even if they decided to randomly call me back one day. Both interviewers were going on about the family oriented atmosphere at the company, but I have my doubts. If you aren't professional enough to notify candidates when you say you are going to or to even take a moment to step out and let the candidate know when the interview is going to start, then you probably don't care too much for people in general. I understand you're busy people, but really? It only takes a few minutes to send out an email.

Just my two cents. At least the receptionist was nice and offered me water.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this job? (Or something along those lines.)   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ventura Foods.

Interview

All panel interviews. There is really only one guy in the room that matters during the interview and he will decide if you get the job. He will also be the most difficult to deal with if you do get the job.

Interview Questions

• Just expect to be asked questions about all aspects of the business as you may be interviewed by maintenance, quality, production or other departments.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ventura Foods.

Interview

hr recruiter, phone interview, site interview with 3 panels, tour of plant, review of site capabilities

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you tried something and failed   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiating in normal process, anything changed requires HQ approvals

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ventura Foods (Saginaw, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

I had to interview with three people asking me questions. It was a little intimidating since I was not expecting this. Seemed as if they were all asking same thing differently!

Forklift Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ventura Foods (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2013.

Interview

Pretty standard interview. Quick and rather painless. Nothing that is really out of the ordinary here. Just make sure you are prepared with your forklift license and a drivers license as well. I believe it's new policy to have both of those but it could just be rumor