Venture Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manufacturing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Venture (Newark, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Staffing Company contacted me via Linkedin, proposing an opportunity at this division of VM Services, Inc. (member of the Venture Group of Companies),Newark, CA 94560.

Two Linkedin messages later and two phone calls later, face to face interview schedule was confirmed (ONLY BY THE STAFFING COMPANY).

While performing company research and info gathering to prep for interview process contact with the local (job opportunity location) division was next to impossible regarding recruiter contact/ interviewer contact/ products/ company information ....etc.....

I did not know who the interviewer was in regards to title, name, department or hierarchy. Venture Manufacturing Serv. INC contact name, and position at the company was given by the staffing company but contact was not in the company directory when trying to confirm interview appointment.

Extremely cryptic process and very suspicious demeanor prior to the interview. Went to the company headquarters website to try and obtain interview basic info and a disclaimer "notice" would appear warning against recruitment fraud. "Redflag"...?

Day of interview, arrived at location (company lobby) and was told to who I would be interviewing with and that they would be momentarily there to escort me.

Interview took basically 30 minutes with very broad and vague questions which turned into semantics / clique retort with condescending biased viewpoints.

My questions were returned with one/ two word replies that the interviewer was simply trying to get through to end the interview. I requested the interviewers title or position at the company and either the interviewer didn't hear me or ignored the question.

Interview ended and I was escorted back to the lobby. At this time given the lack of information and the suspicious nature of the interviewing process, I immediately decided to not accept or consider any offer at this point.

Interview Questions

• The questions were basic and general and not indicative of my experience rather whether or not I would be easily "micro-managed"..............   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Venture.

Interview

The interview was for an hour or so, the top manager who interviewed me, truly put me at ease, he was very nice, comfortable to talk, not intimidating at all, and made the entire process a very easy one. I had the same experience with the other Mgr. I interviewed with.
    They are a true family oriented place and treated all with respect and dignity.

Interview Questions

• Why from an NPI Program Manager to Business Development Mgr now?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

it was a campus career talk and they interview me during that time. I was then ask to join a department and interview for it. After that, I undergo another interview by another department.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Venture.

Interview

HR interview followed by Hiring Manager - FC and 1 sit in Finance Manager
    HR interview take about 20 minutues. Hiring manager took about 1 hour.
    Dwell on the experiences and reason for leaving the Co on each job
    FC is very sharp on the questions and expect immediate answer

Interview Questions

• Talk about your experience from current to past   1 Answer

Program Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johor Bahru (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Venture (Johor Bahru (Malaysia)) in November 2016.

Interview

You will need to pass the Caramel Test(IQ Test), After that, prepare slide that describe you the best, they will chose candidate that able to present well. Make sure that you put you whole effort on the presentation. During 1 on 1 interview, just discussing about job scope and they want to evaluate your communication and conversation skill.

Interview Questions

• This is not an easy job, Most of the people can't stand the pressure and they would resign after working for 2 months there. So, are you willing to take the job?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Venture (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Quick and to the point. 2 interviews conducted on the same day and job practically offered on the interview day. Main concerns in the interview boiled down to the remuneration package and position being offered. A senior engineer position was offered instead.

Interview Questions

• The previous roles and responsibilities carried out
      Understanding the product nature for the role I applied for
      Why I thought I was suitable for the job
      What value can I bring to the role   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Venture.

Interview

There are phone interview, IQ test and personality test, group interview, and individual interview by the hiring manager. You have to prepare slides and present it in front of the managers and the other candidates for the group interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly your experiences and your personalities.   1 Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Venture.

Interview

The interview is divided into 3 parts. 1st part would be the interview by the hiring supervisor, this part will test you on your technical capabilities and your past experience. The 2nd part would be an behavioral and personality interview with the hiring manager. The last one would be an interview with the customer; again this will test you on your technical capabilities, only this time it will be much further difficult as the interview will be either conducted by the technical manager / R&D engineers from the customer.

Interview Questions

• Electronic components characteristic, full wave rectifiers theory, KVL, KCL, Voltage divider,   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johor Bahru (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Venture (Johor Bahru (Malaysia)) in March 2012.

Interview

Interviewer asked to describe the FYP project details and basic electronics questions. 2nd stage interview was with the general manager, where I was asked to present my previous intern experience and the achievements I did there.

Interview Questions

• Explain how lean manufacturing is implemented on process engineering? (Based on my previous Intern experience)   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Venture (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2011.

Interview

First interview with potential direct reporting manager and the Second interview is with IT director. All interviews are done without HR and only 1:1 which is not a very stressful process compared to other companies. Overall more like a causal chat.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate much