Veracyte Interview Questions in South San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Veracyte Interview Questions in South San Francisco, CA

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Veracyte (South San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

First they took telephonic interview to check basic java skills & then requested in person interview.
    Both interview was pretty much easy. They asked some basic question regarding database as well.

Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Veracyte (South San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Thorough, detailed, friendly. I was subjected to facing multiple interviews with several members of the staff. I had never experienced such a detailed interview process and was quite intimidated at first but the first manager that I met was EXTREMELY friendly and I told her how I felt as well as the excitement I had and she relaxed me, out me at ease and it was a great interview process from then on. Honesty and humbleness is the key. I was able to set my nerves aside and consider this: What company have I ever worked for that took such effort into hand-picking their employees? NONE.

As someone who has worked in an office setting for many years, I must also commend the interview process for ensuring hired staff be courteous, respectful and honest with one another.

Interview Questions

• I enjoyed several of the thought-provoking questions. I did not find any questions unexpected or difficult. Honesty is key   1 Answer

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Veracyte (South San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied online and received an e-mail from an HR rep almost two weeks later to arrange a phone interview. It took about fifteen minutes and I was asked about my previous work experience and interest in the company. After "passing" the phone screening I was invited to interview onsite in another week and a half. This interview consisted of three separate interviews and a lab tour, one with the entire fifteen person clinical lab team, one with the hiring manager, and one with the HR rep.

The first interview was very strange. I had to meet fifteen potential co-workers and repeat the "tell us about yourself" spiel four or five times as they slowly made their way in to the conference room. I was very overdressed for the interview; one of the interviewees was wearing sweatpants. There were sandwiches provided for everyone, but I was talking the entire time and could not eat, nor did I have any appetite or desire to have fifteen people watch me eating a sandwich. I ended up throwing 3/4 of it away and still don't know what would have come across as more of a faux pas: being that wasteful or wrapping it up and taking it home in my purse. I was then given a tour of the lab. Everyone was very nice, but seemed more interested in my personality than actual lab skills.

I then had a meeting with the hiring manager who was very kind and did most of the talking. She did not ask about any of my lab skills either, but somehow got the impression I would be interested in marketing (??) and would "find my heart" if I got hired there.

Finally, I met with the HR rep. She asked me how the whole process had been and wanted to know if I had any more questions or concerns. I was about out of questions after having come up with as many as I could over the past two hours. The whole process was fairly exhausting.

After another week and a half, I received an e-mail from the HR rep saying they had decided not to move forward to the next steps, which would have involved another round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• "What are your intrinsic motivators?"   Answer Question
    • "Give us an example of a time when you solved a problem in a unique or unusual way"   Answer Question

Bioinformatics Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Veracyte (South San Francisco, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone screening by the VP of bioinformatics and went on-site a week or two after. On-site interview included a scientific presentation, a lunch with R&D team (very friendly and casual, then followed by a few one-on-one interviews with fellow R&D scientists, two R&D directors, data analysis team members, VP of bioinformatics, and finally HR manager. Another interview was held separately with CSO (due to the schedule conflict. normally this interview is scheduled on the same day)

Interview Questions

• When do you need to use t-test and when do you use Fisher's exact test when handling genomic data. Give examples.   Answer Question
    • What is multiple testing and why is multiple testing a problem? How does multiple testing correction work? also please explain FDR   Answer Question
    • Have you ever encountered batch effect or any technical effect. What was the impact on your data and how do you control for these unwanted variables.   Answer Question