Veredus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Veredus Interview Questions

2.5

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Veredus.

Interview

Although I was fresh out of college and hadn't actually had many interviews, this interview seemed extremely involved and unusual... On the phone, the recruiter who set me up with the interview told me to plan for the interview to last about an hour. With that information, I scheduled interviews with two staffing companies for the day with Veredus scheduled first... I never made it to my second interview, which terrified me. I didn't want to tell my interviewer that i had a second interview to get to, so I just blew it off... If you go interview with veredus, learn from my mistakes and give yourself a solid 4.5 hours. That's how long I was there.

I was first interviewed by a recruiter for about 30 minutes, then was taken back into the pit where I told to sit at a desk and given a list of phone numbers to call. They seriously put me on the phone at the interview. I had to fill out "Mini Profiles" of actual people and follow a phone script to get information from them. It was a little awkward because the entire office was listening to me make these calls without having any idea what I was doing... I was left to make calls for an hour.

Then following my "phone test," I was taken BACK into the interview room and interviewed by the boss of the whole office for about 30 minutes, then interviewed by another person for about 20 minutes, then interviewed AGAIN by the boss, then interviewed AGAIN by the original person who interviewed me. They ended up offering me the position on the spot after about 4 hours of being interviewed. I'm glad it all worked out but I had NO idea the interview would be like that. if you're interested in Veredus, make sure you're prepared for the most drawn out interview on earth

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do on the weekend?
      What activities were you involved with in college?
      Answer Question

Entry-level Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Veredus (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied via job board and I was contacted by HR the next day. I was interviewed over the phone immediately, took about 30 minutes. I was told that I would be contacted again if they were still interested in me. I got another call 4 days later telling me I would be speaking to the recruiting manager for my branch. i interviewed the the manager the next day over the phone. I was asked basically the same questions that HR asked. She told me she would then consult the HR rep I spoke with and let me know what happens next in a couple of days. I got a call 2 days later from HR who just wanted to check up on me and ask how I think I did. She told me that she spoke with the manager and she liked what she heard and that I should be contacted by the end of the weekend again to schedule an on-site interview, following the conclusion of the interviews for other applicants. When I wasn't contacted by Tuesday the following week, I reached out to HR, and they told me they were running behind schedule. I was then contacted again by HR to let me know that they ultimately decided to give the position to someone in house, and that they would let me know if any more positions open up. Apparently, they had tried to make me a position, but due to budget issues, it wasn't possible.

Personally, I would've liked to have had an on-site interview anyways. I feel like that I invested a lot of time into the application process and I was really looking forward to the interview. I was told that I should call back or reach out in a couple of weeks just to see if there have been any more developments. I noticed recently that the job listing is still up on the job board and it makes me wonder why it is still there if the position is supposedly filled. HR was probably the highlight of the experience. The rep was super friendly and approachable throughout the entire process (timely responses, informative, helpful). In the end, I guess I can't be upset that I lost to someone in house with a lot more experience probably.

IT Entry Level Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Veredus (Tysons Corner, VA).

Interview

I sent my resume to a friend who worked there he said they wanted to hire a bunch of new recruiters. I was excited to go out to the interview because he had told me how much he liked his job and how much he loved his coworkers. I had an initial phone screening with one of the recruiters who had been with the company the longest. She asked really challenging personal questions but it never made me feel uncomfortable, she was an excellent interviewer. Then she asked me to come to their office for an interview and told me it would take 3-4 hours, I would interview with at least tree staff members, and I would spend about an hour and a half calling individuals and making mini profiles (their IT recruiters make these calls and profiles all day long). I came in for an interview that lasted closer to four hours. I spoke with six different staff members two of which were over Skype. I also spent about an hour on the phone essentially providing free labor. The people were nice but they kept telling me how the first year is very tough and at one point a man over Skype was basically telling me I wasn't qualified for the position and hiring me would be a gamble on his part and therefore they wouldn't cut me any slack if I didn't perform up to their standards. I wasn't looking to be babied or anything and I felt like I was equipped to do the job but throughout a four hour interview I just constantly felt everyone was attempting to discourage me from moving forward in the process. This might've been their tactic to weed out people but I would have been an excellent candidate for the job. I have an excellent sales record in previous jobs and the recruiting position was described to be more like a sales position anyways. I mostly felt like they were rude and discouraging which changed my mind from working there; I was originally excited and I originally really wanted to do the job. Even calling people didn't bother me, being told constantly that I wouldn't meet their expectations and getting the vibe that no one believed in me made me not want the job. In psychology there's something called a self fulfilling prophecy; if you tell someone they'll succeed they're more likely to do so and vice versa. The constant discouragement made me question the effectiveness of the work environment that this company cultivated.

Even after my four hour interview and the free work I provided for an hour of that time I got a call a day after my interview and I didn't answer. I returned the call and got someone's voicemail. Then they called me back after another three days. They asked me to come in and make more calls. I didn't wanna come in and provide more free work for the company without an offer being extended my way so I declined. I had already provided an hour of free work and it seemed unprofessional for them to ask me to do more. I also felt somewhat uncomfortable posing as a worker to their clients. People I spoke to on the phone wanted me to email them some contact info for referrals and such; they were also asking me questions about the company. It seems strange to place an untrained individual on the phone with a company's potential clients. It doesn't put on a good face for the company and clients would see it as unprofessional to know they were speaking to someone not even employed by the company.

This company needs to change their process.

Interview Questions

• If I told you we didn't think you were a right fit for this job what would you say?   Answer Question
    • What was your greatest failure?   Answer Question
    • What was your greatest weakness?   Answer Question
    • what is an achievement you earned after working towards that goal for s year or more?   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Veredus (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

They were very thorough in listening to me and what I want to find in IT corporate. I feel they are behind me in looking for a job. They are some of the most professional recruiters I've worked with.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about my resume and gave me advice.   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Veredus in January 2015.

Interview

Pretty simple. it was a phone chat with the corporate recruiter. A phone interview with the recruiting manager and then an in person interview where you met a few members of the team.

Intrusion Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Veredus (Vienna, VA).

Interview

Initial phone interview was fine and set up an in person interview at their Vienna site. Arrived early and had to wait in the lobby (no one was around) for about 20 mins before the recruiter finally got my voicemail.
    Typical interview questions and demonstrated a few of my past work examples, nothing overly too technical. I guess I didn't get the job because of the minimum "cyber security" time requirement, even tho the resume clearly stated I have more than enough time under my belt.

Interview Questions

• "I see that you only have 3 years in Cyber security, the requisition asked for at least 4. Sorry but this position is not for you"   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Veredus (Washington, DC) in June 2014.

Interview

The process seemed a little unorganized. I don't have much to add here other than the fact that the hiring managers and recruiters will say what you want to hear initially. There is no difference between Veredus and most staffing agencies.

Interview Questions

• The process was fairly simple. There were no thought provoking or difficult questions.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Veredus in April 2014.

Interview

The process was a great experience. I was really satisfied with the way that the people kept me in the loop on the status of what was going on. I also like how they treated me with respect and honor. This company has a way of making you feel apart of there family.

Negotiation

it was great!

MIS Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Veredus (Orlando, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

Erica Ellrich sat down with me to discuss my career profile, experiences, and to help with my presentation in regards to the interviewer's company and role.
    I will say, working with Erica was an absolute pleasure as she covered all the details, but was truly engaged and interested in working with me towards finding an ideal role. I will always look towards Erica for future opportunities as she exemplifies what a recruiter should be.
    I had two rounds for the interview process, but another opportunity came before an offer could be given.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based question - how would you handle a production outage with limited team availability over a holiday break.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Veredus (Tampa, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

Appeared twice for interview.
    First with Veredus. - interviewed by recruiter in person. one hour.
    Second with clent. - interviewed by 4 client peers. 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Q: Availability?
      Q: Fit with industry and client?
      1 Answer