Verifone Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verifone Interview Questions

Interviews at Verifone

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verifone (San Jose, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Very technical . Was asked to demonstrate practices and theories relating to the job I was applying for. Met with three different people during the process and they all seemed distracted and not happy with the company, almost as if they were trying to tell me something but not really saying . This was a key factor in why I declined the offer/

Interview Questions

• Standard questions re experience, previous employers, goals etc   Answer Question

Wasn't convinced this was a good place to work

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verifone (Atlanta, GA) in June 2013.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter working with Verifone.
    After a few rounds of questions from the interviewer, HR contacted me for a quick phone screen.
    A follow-up phone interview was scheduled with the direct manager.
    After the phone interview, I was flown to the location of the manager for a 1:1.
    An offer was received via the recruiter shortly thereafter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verifone (Rocklin, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was low pressure, one interviewer at a time. I met with engineers and a second level manager. The hiring manager was away on travel. He was supposed to reschedule a time to talk with me, but never did. I called the HR recruiter, who assured me there would be a follow up, but that never happened. This was very unprofessional. It does not take much effort to send an email or make a phone call to close the loop. I have heard this company has problems, and now I have experienced that first hand. I don't recommend considering this company.

Interview Questions

• They just went over the skills I listed on my resume. No difficult technical questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verifone (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Stay away from this place! These people are unethical and shady! They brought me in for an interview without any intention of hiring me. They used me as a free consultant to try to help them debug their embedded system, wasted my whole day that I took off from my current job, and ate up 6 hours of my time -- for nothing! Their entire staff was a bunch of amateurs who were unprofessional. Their program manager was proud of being "non-technical". When I got to the end of the interview, they said "We don't think this position will be interesting enough for you". Don't waste your time on these clowns! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Interview Questions

• What techniques would you recommend for trying to debug and embedded system for which there is no connection? What tools do you think are the best for debugging with? What do you think are some of the best current technologies for encryption?   Answer Question

Senior Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verifone (Alpharetta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

There were several people included on the panel. They asked a mixture of QA and personal questions. Once the manager entered the room I noticed that his questions were more technical in nature. This gave me the opportunity to attach my technical skills to specific projects outlined on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Linux based interview questions.
      EMV technical questions.   Answer Question

H/W Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verifone (San Francisco, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Had been interviewed for engineering position, heard that have a good, excellent background and expected to get offer on site interview, but had received a bad news at that night.

Interview Questions

• Most of questions are normal and not difficult to answer, related working experience and etc.   Answer Question
    • There was no difficult question to answer for me.   Answer Question

Software Quality Assurance Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Verifone.

Interview

The interviews were fairly standard, there were some questions regarding hypothetical situations ("what testing approach would you use for this device"), and overall a discussion about my background in relation to the environment at Verifone. Everyone in each round of interviews was very nice and engaging, explaining the position in depth as well as expectations. However, I was very disappointed to find that after multiple rounds of positive interviews and indication that I would be hearing back, I never did. No form letter or anything, even after following up with the internal recruiter. I believe how a company handles its hiring process speaks volumes on its respect for an applicant's time, its internal processes and appreciation for its employees, so it's very likely all for the best that I had never heard back.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions asked during the interview.   Answer Question

Quality Supervisor Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verifone.

Interview

The initial phone interview with the recruiter was great. The second interview with the hiring manager was disappointing from the moment he greeted me. He seemed uninterested in my answers. I got the feeling he wasn't interested in a woman having the position because it was for the distribution center. Regardless it's their loss. I am over qualified for the position just thought Verifone was a great company and I was willing to give it a chance.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verifone (San Jose, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Initial communication and interview scheduling by an HR.
    Interview for 1 hour - 30 mins HR questions and 30 mins technical questions.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verifone (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2014.

Interview

I sent my resume via email and heard back from the Sales Manager pretty quickly. We set up a one on one, in-person meeting after a brief talk on the phone. They asked me about my work history and experience, had me show them that I could use the programs that would be expected of me, and then requested that I write a sample article. Pretty easy process.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to write a sample article and submit to us within 24 hours?   1 Answer