Verifone Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Verifone

2.8

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verifone (San Jose, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me for a position on VeriFone's engineering team. After 2 different discussions with the recruiter (one face-to-face), I had an onsite meeting with the hiring manager and his boss. The next week consisted of phone interviews with 5 different people. Next steps took 2-3 weeks to complete, ending with no job offer.

Overall experience good, although there was no clear communication at the end when the offer went to another person. It would have been nice to have heard from the recruiter or company that the process was complete and they went with another candidate.

Summary: the job description was very clear, the process fairly quick (~4 weeks).

Interview Questions

• What has been your experience managing distributed development teams?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Verifone (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interview with 3 team members. interview focused on making sure I was a good fit from a cultural point of view. Skills can be easily learned, but culture is harder to change.

QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Verifone.

Interview

I just had a phone screen interview. It went pretty well. We talked about 30 min. Hiring manager introduced her team and their need, and asked me a few questions. It wasn't very technical as it was just the phone interview. She said she would let me know the result by next week. So I'm looking forward to hear back from her and hoping to move on to the next step and eventually get the offer.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verifone (Alpharetta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview. Very condescending and rude. She asked me how I felt about automation but didn't elaborate what she was looking for. When I asked if they were looking for VB scripting because she kept harping on Windows platform, she told me that no one uses vb scripting anymore. Highly inaccurate. I wouldn't have accepted working under the direction of this clueless woman for any amount of money.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verifone (Rocklin, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with one of the managers at VeriFone and then they scheduled my next to interviews from there. I had my first onsite interview with 3 of the scheduled 5 engineers. My second interview was cancelled the night before the interview. They told me that I would be reached out to reschedule my second interview. After reaching out to HR once a week for four weeks I finally gave up. They finally reached out me about 6 weeks after my initial onsite interview and told me that the position had been filled. Overall, not a good experience at all. If they don't show extreme interest in you, don't ever expect to hear back from them.

Technical Support Tier II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verifone (Clearwater, FL) in September 2011.

Interview

A kindergarden student ask better questions.Was interviewed by a rude smurf that was very dumb.Background check and got hired.Terrible mistake.Avoid like a disease.Worst place to work in America.They will sit you down in a room and ask nonsense questions.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verifone in July 2016.

Interview

There were multiple interviews including one on the phone with the recruiter, then hiring manager, and in person with multiple staff members in various departments. A final phone interview was conducted once they narrowed it down. The recruiter and staff were very responsive and a pleasure to work with, following up with the next steps as promised in the selection process. Many of the staff liked the environment and current management.

Interview Questions

• Typical of interviews, nothing out of the ordinary. Research company and be prepared to give your experience to what they are looking for. One of the better and more friendly interview formats.   Answer Question

Negotiation

OFFER TBD

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verifone (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied to Verifone through their company website. Approximately 10 days later I received a phone call and an interview was scheduled. The initial interview/screening process was conducted via phone, followed by a Facetime interview shortly afterwards. The entire process was rather easy compared to other interviewing processes I have undergone over the years.

Interview Questions

• I was asked,"Why is there a ten-month gap in your work history?"   1 Answer

Logistics Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verifone.

Interview

I had two phone interviews. After submitting my application online the recruiter contacted me for an initial interview. Basic exchange of information. Recruiter was very supportive. After that I had an interview with the hiring Manager. Behavioral based interview questions. Very friendly. Although I did not receive a Job offer it was a good experience

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I have passed first two rounds. One telephone round (Primary) and one Face to face round. After second round, i got call from HR and said that i have cleared second round also. When ever i contact consultancy and Verifone, they informed that my interview is not scheduled due to manager availability. After three weeks they informed, my application status is negative now. But how? When? Then why hold application for more than three weeks? That was really frustrating experience.