Verifone Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verifone Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Verifone

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verifone (San Jose, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Very technical . Was asked to demonstrate practices and theories relating to the job I was applying for. Met with three different people during the process and they all seemed distracted and not happy with the company, almost as if they were trying to tell me something but not really saying . This was a key factor in why I declined the offer/

Interview Questions

• Standard questions re experience, previous employers, goals etc   Answer Question

Wasn't convinced this was a good place to work

Other Interview Reviews for Verifone

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verifone (Atlanta, GA) in June 2013.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter working with Verifone.
    After a few rounds of questions from the interviewer, HR contacted me for a quick phone screen.
    A follow-up phone interview was scheduled with the direct manager.
    After the phone interview, I was flown to the location of the manager for a 1:1.
    An offer was received via the recruiter shortly thereafter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verifone (Rocklin, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was low pressure, one interviewer at a time. I met with engineers and a second level manager. The hiring manager was away on travel. He was supposed to reschedule a time to talk with me, but never did. I called the HR recruiter, who assured me there would be a follow up, but that never happened. This was very unprofessional. It does not take much effort to send an email or make a phone call to close the loop. I have heard this company has problems, and now I have experienced that first hand. I don't recommend considering this company.

Interview Questions

• They just went over the skills I listed on my resume. No difficult technical questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verifone (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Stay away from this place! These people are unethical and shady! They brought me in for an interview without any intention of hiring me. They used me as a free consultant to try to help them debug their embedded system, wasted my whole day that I took off from my current job, and ate up 6 hours of my time -- for nothing! Their entire staff was a bunch of amateurs who were unprofessional. Their program manager was proud of being "non-technical". When I got to the end of the interview, they said "We don't think this position will be interesting enough for you". Don't waste your time on these clowns! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Interview Questions

• What techniques would you recommend for trying to debug and embedded system for which there is no connection? What tools do you think are the best for debugging with? What do you think are some of the best current technologies for encryption?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verifone in May 2017.

Interview

First round was written test having 16 questions,out of that 3 were programs. Questions was from core java,spring,hibernate. I cleared that round then i waited over there more than 4 hrs for next F2F round. So there was another 2 F2F technical round after clearing written test. So i after waiting 4hrs i they call me for F2F 1st round. She asked from core java question from topic multithreading,collection, static,final modifier,overloading,overriding concepts. I answered all her core java questions, then she one asked question from database, i was not able to give answer for that question,so she told i am done from my side,you can wait outside, then only i got clue that she rejected me. They use to take rarally any candidate, they rejected most of the candidate either in 1st F2F technical round or in second F2F technical round. These guys are looking for rocket science person who know each and every thing from front end to back end, it was wate of my time there, this company dont provide parking facility also if you came for interview with your own vehicle, i wount go again for this company interview.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verifone (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2008.

Interview

Purely technicle.
    division head mostly asks questions to check approach and attitude.

Interview Questions

• One of the linked list implementation for emplyee details which inturn has liist of multiple details.
      he would ask to search somerhing in the list.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate. got more than what i was expecying.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I had one round of technical round and one manger round evaluating aptitude/attitude/technical round followed by hr interview.

They don't look at your profile that much and evaluate based on how you perform.

Interview Questions

• Some question having to deal with multiple records embeded into list of records.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was not veey difficult as they paid little above industry standard + bonous.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Verifone in August 2014.

Interview

1st round - Telephonic (20 mins), 2nd round - F2F (2 hrs).The interview questions were based on skills that I mentioned in CV but they were few and more on detailed reasoning on the usage.

Interview Questions

• Questions covered topics related C++ detailed concepts with reasoning, design related questions, Few data structures, like Linked lists, Queue, Heap. etc. OS concepts. topics present in CV.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verifone (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2019.

Interview

3 rounds of interview. 1st rounds is an online aptitude test. 2nd round - technical. 3rd round - managerial. HR said that they will contact me. Still not sure if I have been rejected or accepted. At least they should inform the candidate about the result.

Interview Questions

• Questions mainly on C++ and data structures. Also, some technical questions by the hiring manager.   Answer Question