Verifone Web Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Verifone

1 Interview Review

4.0

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Verifone in January 2016.

Interview

Independent recruiter advertised position; it's a difficult role to get hired for, so it's a very technical interview. Telephone interview first: ask for Dropdown select menu programmed in pure Javascript, CSS, HTML, no jQuery allowed. Said I could use examples from the web. I found example I didn't realize at first was using Jquery. Code was over 100 lines long when I started to put it together. Interviewer was not happy, but expected it done in 30 minutes. I found it unrealistic, even for most experts. Funny thing is, most web developers don't use pure JScript and have not for over 10 years, so this seems like specialist position more than realistic expectations. Interviewer wanted to use JSfiddle collaboration; not easy environment to debug in, and not what professional web developers use daily, except for small examples to share in community. Difficult to debug and see console errors, etc.

Interview Questions

• Dropdown select menu programmed in pure Javascript, CSS, HTML, no jQuery allowed   2 Answers