Verilogue Staff Writer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Verilogue

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Staff Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verilogue (Horsham, PA) in October 2012.

Interview

This job was posted briefly online. I applied via the online application process, providing a cover letter, resume, and writing samples. First contact was by email. Had a phone interview with the marketing manager and was then brought in for an onsite interview. First part with marketing manager went well. Second part with CTO went horribly. MM told me CTO would come in and ask me some "curveball questions." The questions were out of scope for the particular position I was interviewing for, even though I was well-prepared regarding what Verilogue produces, what they were looking for in a writer, etc. The questions and the odd grimace from the CTO (who admittedly had a running injury that may explain it) rattled me, unfortumately. Although I was more than qualified for the job and extremely interested in it and the company, they went with another hire. I must have made a horrible impression on the CTO by not masterfully handling those "curveball questions." Disappointing since I think I was otherwise a perfect fit for the position and could have really improved their product.

Interview Questions

• How should we market (this written product we are considering hiring you to write) to market researchers vs brand managers vs XX?   1 Answer