Verily Life Sciences Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verily Life Sciences Interview Questions

Interviews at Verily Life Sciences

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Verily Life Sciences (Mountain View, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Nightmare starts as soon as I was passed from Google proper to Verily.

1) I got invited to onsite. "Please wait 48hrs for confirmation", didn't get any emails (even after badgering) until the day before I was supposed to fly out. They then told me they're very busy and rescheduled my interview to later.

2) On site was pretty good, except after the interview was over nobody directed me where to go. The last interviewer gave me something along the lines of "you can go home now, I guess?".

3) My point of contact told me she will call me by the end of the week to give me an update, and then another call by the end of the following week on the decision of hiring committee. I never got the first call, sent out a few emails but ignored. Didn't hear anything the following week, sent out a few emails asking what's going on, ignored again. On the THIRD week, I emailed the original Google proper HR and they were finally able to hassle my point of contact in giving me some kind of update.

This kind of experience is unacceptable. I don't know if it happens because they get so many applicants, or maybe they're understaffed, but I don't really care. I've applied to many large companies in the valley, and not at a single place was the interview process a complete disaster as it was at Verily.

Interview Questions

• They're basically same as standard Google interview. Prepare for those.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verily Life Sciences in July 2016.

Interview

TL DR; The engineers were friendly. I had one of the worst recruiting processes.

I was referred by a Googler and had scheduled a tech screen with the hiring manager. After the technical screen I didn't hear back for many weeks (even though I found that the hiring manager had already submitted his feedback). Meanwhile I had to ping my referrer many times to followup. The recruiter responded to the referrer saying she will get back to me but never heard back for weeks. Then after a month and a half I heard from another recruiter that I would be brought onsite.

The onsite went well and the original recruiter reappeared and said they would like to extend an offer. Since they had dragged this out for a long time I had to deal with other offers expiring. She gave me a date which she promised to have a offer ready by. She missed that too. Verily seems to have a great vision but a horrible recruiting process. Please improve.

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verily Life Sciences (Mountain View, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process starts with a phone screen, where you are asked a simple programming question, and have to answer on a shared doc. If you pass the phone screen they bring you on-site for a panel of interviews by 5 or 6 different people, they are either high level design questions, or more technical algorithm questions. I was brought in for a second day of interviews because they felt they didnt get a good enough sense of my technical skills the first time.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my experience with MongoDB and to compare and contrast the tradeoffs of non-relational databases and SQL databases.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verily Life Sciences.

Interview

Contacted by a Verily recruiter. Had a conversation via email, followed by a phone interview with a recruiter and an engineer.

Following the interview, I was asked for availability for a technical screen over the phone, as well as a list of questions concerning my location, whether I had any previous contact with Google or Alphabet, Inc., and where I was at in the interview process with any other companies. After sending this information the recruiter completely ghosted me. They no longer responded to emails, and I did not hear a thing back from Verily until I got a Greenhouse survey link about a month later.

Interview Questions

• Asked about what software projects I had worked on in the past, what languages I had used, what kind of a role I had in the team.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verily Life Sciences in May 2019.

Interview

General Google style technic interview. They will call you in advance. The interview takes about 45 minutes. They ask tech question and you will write the answer on a shared Google Docs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Verily Life Sciences (Cambridge, MA) in November 2018.

Interview

Started with a phone screen and an onsite interview. Phone screen was pretty easy. Onsite consisted of 5 interviews. 3 core software engineering questions and 2 domain questions. The interview was challenging, and all of the people participating were very personable and kind.

Interview Questions

• Asked some questions about core foundation types and behavior distinctions between APIs.   3 Answers

Clinical Trial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verily Life Sciences in February 2017.

Interview

The Manager only asked 3 round of behavior Questions. One is tell me about yourself? Another one is why you want to join Verily? The last one is why you want to leave current company? I answered and asked her some question about the hiring procedure and the position. But two days later the recruiter said the manager is not interested.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Verily Life Sciences.

Interview

I wanted to leave a review about the WORSE RECRUITER EXPERIENCE I'VE EVER HAD. I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn and asked for a resume, which I sent. We scheduled a call for the next day. The call started off friendly enough with some pleasantries and the recruiter and I sharing something we had in common. The recruiter did not provide a background of Verily or the role. He immediately asked for an overview of my experience, and I gave a quick summary of all my past jobs. When I was done, he said "I still don't get what you do." I was pretty shocked because this was the same type of summary I give all recruiters, and they all respond well to it.

To clarify for this recruiter, I gave him three quick bullet points of exactly what I do. Then he was just silent. I asked him if that cleared it up for him, if he needed more details. He dismissively said it was fine, he had my resume. Then I reminded him that he contacted me, so he must think I was a match for the job. I asked him if he thinks my background fits the job. Then he rudely said, "That's not my call, that's for the hiring manager to decide." Then he hung up on me. The call lasted 7 minutes in total, the shortest yet most unprofessional recruiter phone screen I've ever experienced. And couple days later, I got a form rejection email telling me my application was rejected.

Interview Questions

• I still don't get what you do.   1 Answer

Industrial Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Verily Life Sciences.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter. She did not call at our scheduled time, and no e-mail follow-up to reschedule afterwards. Unprofessional behavior. This is a red-flag indicative of how the company treats its employees.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verily Life Sciences (San Francisco, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Was approached by recruiter on LinkedIn. A first round with recruiter followed by phone interview which is problem solving. While recruiter was nice, the phone interviewer was little rude. No discussion about profile or job and the first question he asked was "Do you have your Google doc open? I have a problem to solve for you". Is this how you conduct interview? I was expecting it to be friendly being a Alphabet company. But it turned out to be otherwise. and not forget the poor call quality. I eventually solved the problem, however didn't care asking feedback to recruiter after this experience.